Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2019, 06:59 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan2queens View Post
Well I guess I’m one of those , both my grandfathers were cops for the NYPD and I don’t see the problem with it . It was just water , no physical force or injuries . Beating them up would not be equal retaliation , maybe they throw some water back at them ? Lmao that’s the best they could do cuz it’s not a crime . So somebody doesn’t want to get wet ? Well it rains when we don’t want , ppl get pushed in the pool when they don’t want to and when I was a kid we would fill up water balloons throw em at each other , sometimes we hit other ppl but it was all fun and nobody got really mad . Stop being babies , you sound like cowards . Don’t use this to justice police brutality
This post is so wrong in so many ways I won’t even respond to it. You besmirch your grandfathers’ legacy horribly if you really believe that tossing buckets of water on uniformed police officers without their permission is not a reprehensible crime.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-25-2019, 07:00 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Ah please. Don't flex mod muscles over here.

You get on this website every day talkin' bout you'll do "this" and do "that". It's annoying and no one believes you.

And the simple fact that you constantly ramble off about wanting to harm people tells a lot about your character "sergeant"
Yawn. Your assessment of my character doesn’t effect my pension calculation, so I not concerned.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-25-2019, 07:16 AM

1,561 posts, read 901,971 times
Imagine 50 cops going down to the tombs, they take all the blacks outside to the basketball court, then a bell rings and at once all the cops start filling buckets and pouring them over the prisoners heads for about 20 minutes laughing their asses off.

It would be the biggest outrage since Abu Graib and waterboarding at Guantanamo bay. Would some of you mopes still be on here saying silly shiite like: "its only water, whats the big deal?"

It's not water...its assault and disrespect.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:51 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
NYC has one of the lowest crime rates among major cities. Try harder.
If only because many of the bad elements were priced out in the last 10-15 years but under the Leftist NYC government now firmly entrenched, you can be sure they will come back and so will that crime rate. Just give it time.

NYC's crime rate was also low in the early 1960's but we all know what happened after that.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:39 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I’m a sergeant on patrol with 17 years on. I know we have no support. But I’d be damned if I allow someone to disrespect this uniform I swore to wear into battle if necessary (and its been necessary many times). Those 73 cops were afraid. They don’t belong in uniform wearing my patch that so many have died wearing.

I don’t know if they still teach this but when I went through we were told that you handle someone like this because otherwise the next cop they deal with will only get it worse. You do it for the next guy, afraid or not.
Nope, you're simply an old timer who's out of touch. Although I would have handled it differently--I totally get the mentality. The problem is systemic.

This is how they are teaching the current generation of cops. Take the abuse, "get thicker skin", and constantly ask yourself before you do it, "is it worth it." This is how they are teaching them--Don't arrest anyone, don't stop anyone, DON'T DO ANYTHING unless you absolutely have to.

In the age of social media, with people waving camera phones in your face and threatening to make cops the "next one", cops are now hesitant and second and third guess themselves. In return, people have become bolder and empowered to do anything from cussing you out on camera while screaming " I know my first Amendment rights!!"

It also doesn't help that the Mayor publicly states "I have to give my black son the talk about cops too ya know"

No one wants to be the next Daniel Panteleo, where you execute an arrest with force and god forbid someone dies accidentally, you end up jammed up for 5 years, black balled from any unit for the rest of your career facing city, state and federal charges only to finally subjected to Kangaroo court with a department trial. They will claim that you should have "descalated" the problem, labeled them "EDPs" and then should have called ESU to the scene lol.

Every time you stop someone a stop report has to be completed--make sure you went through the entire step by step process to make it a justifiable stop.

Likewise, everytime force is used--a force report has to be completed--be sure that every step of the process is articulated perfectly.

All of this has to be done before you even charge them with a crime. And if you're arresting these clowns for Disorderly Conduct? Good luck articulating how YOU as a PO were annoyed and incovenienced. because in THEIR eyes, it's your job and you've been trained to "take it"

Assault on a COP, public official etc etc? Good luck with the that. The first question the ADA will ask you is "did you go to the Hospital, where are your physical injuries, where's the medical report?" Without a medical report that charge will be DROPPED.

Chances are, it will be DPed (i know you know what that means) and you open yourself up to a law suit for false arrest. And prepare for a visit from IAB who will go over everything (including your memobook with a fine tooth comb--and everything is fair game for a CD), and be prepared for a call from Corporation Council and their decision on whether or not you're going to be covered or whether you need to hire your own lawyer.

Cops are now forced to carry 10 ID cards on them with the phone numbers to CCRB, and IAB numbers on the back with your name and badge numbers on them. Anyone can request one, and as a result, they can report you for anything whether it's justified or not. Even if the complaints are exonerated or unsubstantiated, it's still on your record. No one wants 50 CCRB complaints on their record. A friend of mines says that he no longer writes B-Summons because he is sick and tired of having CCRB allegations against him--so he just stopped writing them.

So as I said, changes internally in the department HAVE TO BE CHANGED to make cops "COPS" again. Firing cops, telling them "this isn't the job for you" etc etc is NOT going to fix the problem.

Last edited by itshim; 07-25-2019 at 09:52 AM..

Old 07-25-2019, 10:06 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,299,077 times
I don't understand the mentality of anyone who would justify this behavior/say what is the harm. Who the hell wants random strangers dousing them with water while they are doing their jobs? I know for a fact that not one person who is trying to justify it would walk away smiling if random hoodlums would walk up to you and throw a bucket of water on you. It could have easily been something else. It could have easily been unsanitary water.

Devil sure find work for idle hands. If these unproductive, worthless individuals had had skills or proper jobs they would have not time for this nonsense. The cops don't show up to random neighborhoods to arrest people unless you are involved in something illegal.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:12 AM

32 posts, read 19,788 times
That is disgusting behavior. so freaking disrespectful.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:45 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,144,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan2queens View Post
Well I guess I’m one of those , both my grandfathers were cops for the NYPD and I don’t see the problem with it . It was just water , no physical force or injuries . Beating them up would not be equal retaliation , maybe they throw some water back at them ? Lmao that’s the best they could do cuz it’s not a crime . So somebody doesn’t want to get wet ? Well it rains when we don’t want , ppl get pushed in the pool when they don’t want to and when I was a kid we would fill up water balloons throw em at each other , sometimes we hit other ppl but it was all fun and nobody got really mad . Stop being babies , you sound like cowards . Don’t use this to justice police brutality

Where do you work, so I can come dump a bucket of water on your head?

Old 07-25-2019, 10:52 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,144,336 times
Quote:
NYC has one of the lowest crime rates among major cities. Try harder.

Because Big Bird decriminalized things that used to be crimes and most people still consider crimes. That's how your ilk cook the books to make crime rates drop.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:06 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
This is not just because of your mayor. Nationwide we're seeing more and more acts of aggression from minorities and white liberals towards police. You can thank the media for blowing the FEW cases of white police officers acting nefariously towards people of color out of proportion for this new trend.

I work for the police as a civilian analyst in Pittsburgh. I have always held a tremendous level of respect for law enforcement. I've had numerous dealings with officers prior to working for the police. Most experiences were professional and cordial. In at least two circumstances I felt as if I was being treated rudely and unprofessionally. Did I take those two unsavory encounters and experiences and let them negate the positive experiences I had? No.

As a gay male I also have been made to feel like a "Judas" or an "Uncle Tom" since, for some reason, the LGBTQQIA+ community is supposed to "hate" the police. It's definitely a tough profession to be in or around in today's climate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City