U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:49 AM

762 posts, read 380,480 times

Advertisements

Dude, there is no goddamn way white people will pay $700,000+ to live in Skyview of all places. See here: https://streeteasy.com/building/tower-3/12p

It's a nice place, but the construction is shoddy underneath it all. I've seen the apartments in person and was frankly not impressed with the work. That's Chinese money. White people would rather spend that and go live on Long Island. Who would want to live in congested, dirty, smelly downtown Flushing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:22 AM

5,664 posts, read 2,938,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Dude, there is no goddamn way white people will pay $700,000+ to live in Skyview of all places. See here: https://streeteasy.com/building/tower-3/12p

It's a nice place, but the construction is shoddy underneath it all. I've seen the apartments in person and was frankly not impressed with the work. That's Chinese money. White people would rather spend that and go live on Long Island. Who would want to live in congested, dirty, smelly downtown Flushing?
Umm...plenty of white people have moved into even more congested, dirtier and smellier Manhattan Chinatown. That's why its was and is still being gentrified and one of the driving forces behind the exodus of the Chinese from there into places like Flushing, Sunset Park, Elmhurst, Bensonhurst, etc.

Old Yesterday, 03:40 AM

You basically just answered your post. Chinese people are moving into Flushing, not white people. All of Manhattan is gentrifying, but not all of Queens.

Old Yesterday, 07:59 AM

3,313 posts, read 1,582,487 times
It's all about the view. From flushing,there is that view of the city,a few bridges,looks awesome at night.

Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM

1,016 posts, read 632,297 times
most of manhattan looks dirtier than FLushing. There are plenty of whites moving in.

Quote:

Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM

Do any of you actually live in Flushing? I do.

White people are not moving here. Trust me.

Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM

Quote:
You basically just answered your post. Chinese people are moving into Flushing, not white people. All of Manhattan is gentrifying, but not all of Queens.
Chinese people WERE moving to Flushing but NOW some white people are joining them. It is never completely 100% of one or the other, which you seem to think it is.

Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Do any of you actually live in Flushing? I do.

White people are not moving here. Trust me.
No one is going to trust you when you make a clearly uninformed statement about white people never moving into an area because it is congested, dirty and smelly. Everyone knows that white people do move into places like that, all the time.

Oh and BTW, the whites that do move into those dirty smelly areas add to the dirtiness and smelliness by not picking up after their dogs and leaving dog crap all over the sidewalks.

Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM

3,316 posts, read 1,366,044 times
If I could move back to Flushing tomorrow, I wouldn't stop to pack a bag, I'd just start heading in that direction.

Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM

1,929 posts, read 565,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Umm...plenty of white people have moved into even more congested, dirtier and smellier Manhattan Chinatown. That's why its was and is still being gentrified and one of the driving forces behind the exodus of the Chinese from there into places like Flushing, Sunset Park, Elmhurst, Bensonhurst, etc.
Because it's in lower Manhattan and cooler/more conveniently located by default.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City