Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 03:24 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,684,525 times

Advertisements

Omg, please stop.

Even in my area there is Chinese overdevelopment and I am not downtown. Recently one house was knocked down and a SIX family went up on my block. Overdevelopment is killing Flushing, even not downtown. Even in my area homes are over a million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 05:47 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Omg, please stop.

Even in my area there is Chinese overdevelopment and I am not downtown. Recently one house was knocked down and a SIX family went up on my block. Overdevelopment is killing Flushing, even not downtown. Even in my area homes are over a million.
So now that I've shot down your claim about smells, congestion and dirty, you've decided to jump over to another topic, Chinese "overdevelopment." Okay, let's talk about that.

First off, you sound racist. What does it matter what race or ethnicity they are? Second, this is a city. Healthy cities grow. Declining cities shrink. Sounds like Flushing is healthy so saying Flushing is being killed is clearly nonsense. Maybe since you are racist and seeing the Chinese replaced (whichever your race is) is why you are saying it is being killed.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:32 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,054 times
Lived near downtown flushing for a little bit. it was very safe when I lived there in the 2000s.
You could definitely do a lot worse in other parts of the outer boroughs.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:50 AM

804 posts, read 545,449 times
Lets get something straight.

People move to Queens because they can not afford to live in Long Island or Manhattan, or NJ. Today ( my age group ) are moving from Manhattan because they grew up in buildings all their lives. All their lives they never knew what it was like to live in anything that was a suburb. Queens ( like Sunnyside ....ironically named ) has been a hub for over ten different kinds of Asian groups ( many who do not like the term Asian ). They even have the Korean Christian religious fractions, to organized crime types. The reason why you see a artsy presence is because those noobs ( NYorkers ) from outta town who has the income source ( some art-h-o-r-e with husband who makes the bread, or X means of money ) are able to afford those housing.

"cowards move to X area" because of the Asian presence. Especially when you do not know how to shop or speak/read the lingo. They have 1992 Japanese styled malls ( the kind that are inside outside ) but most of non-x reading speakers/readers would look at it like some kind of oddity even if it is just a restaurant or daycare. The same goes for areas of Brooklyn, Long-Island, and possibly Bronx.

Somebody said "White people do not move there" because the reality is that people with the "NewYorker" mindset needs to be as close to their job as possible, and depending on the upbringing a dingy one bedroom surrounded different kinds of a races and ethnicity is a lot better and more adventurous then"Yan only cook fish". For those "people" who most likely came out of "suburbs" and "corn-fields" and there parents lead etc lives.

The moment you see the cop-cars and/or gang related blah blah is the moment Mr. Yan ( and the rest of the Jackie-Chan gang ) will pack-up the family, and then the Jews takes over the area and let it slip downwards. So maybe just maybe the congestion is somebodies bad joke because they know what is in store in the future. Like a Demon or Gargoyle they can wait.

It happens in NJ and will happen in NY. It is happening right in front you and you think nothing of it. They will literally call a community meeting over graffiti. Graffiti that was placed there on purpose to get more police presence. Trust me those same people who dress up like if it was 1910's are the same ones are putting up that graffiti. They will even break into their own houses. It will get reported on the news and no evidence will actually be shown with no real suspects. If there are any suspects they will most likely show people who are innocent but "fits the description". Monkey See monkey do.

Then the gays comes along as well. But oh look they are not gay they are really supremacists. They will look you dead in the eye and say "Welcome to my house, put your hands in the air like you just do not care. Living in your house".

Old 07-26-2019, 08:01 AM

1,110 posts, read 983,297 times
Manhattan restaurants are stupid, because they suck and they are overpriced. has nothing to do with which cuisine they serve. They are stupid especially when they are considered as amenities to justify the ridiculous housing price in Manahttan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
That’s much more accurate than the idea that white people can’t afford Flushing. I don’t understand the idea that the restaurants in Manhattan are stupid though. People can have different preferences without being stupid. Try a different perspective—how ridiculous do you think it’d be for someone whose preference isn’t Chinese or Korean cuisines to say that the restaurants in Flushing are stupid? Wouldn’t you write that person off as stupid for making such a narrow-minded statement rather than say they aren’t personally a fan of Chinese and Korean cuisines?

Old 07-26-2019, 08:02 AM

sounds like the opposite to me. Flushing is thriving because of the chinese money flowing in. If you don't like it, you can cash out and leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Omg, please stop.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:05 AM

People move to QUeens because they cannot afford LI or NJ? are you kidding me? my house in Queens are worth 3 times the same sized houses in a good neigborhood in NJ. People move to NJ or LI because they cannot afford the city. and the city includes Queens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
Lets get something straight.

People move to Queens because they can not afford to live in Long Island or Manhattan, or NJ. Today ( my age group ) are moving from Manhattan because they grew up in buildings all their lives. All their lives they never knew what it was like to live in anything that was a suburb. Queens ( like Sunnyside ....ironically named ) has been a hub for over ten different kinds of Asian groups ( many who do not like the term Asian ). They even have the Korean Christian religious fractions, to organized crime types. The reason why you see a artsy presence is because those noobs ( NYorkers ) from outta town who has the income source ( some art-h-o-r-e with husband who makes the bread, or X means of money ) are able to afford those housing.

"cowards move to X area" because of the Asian presence. Especially when you do not know how to shop or speak/read the lingo. They have 1992 Japanese styled malls ( the kind that are inside outside ) but most of non-x reading speakers/readers would look at it like some kind of oddity even if it is just a restaurant or daycare. The same goes for areas of Brooklyn, Long-Island, and possibly Bronx.

Somebody said "White people do not move there" because the reality is that people with the "NewYorker" mindset needs to be as close to their job as possible, and depending on the upbringing a dingy one bedroom surrounded different kinds of a races and ethnicity is a lot better and more adventurous then"Yan only cook fish". For those "people" who most likely came out of "suburbs" and "corn-fields" and there parents lead etc lives.

The moment you see the cop-cars and/or gang related blah blah is the moment Mr. Yan ( and the rest of the Jackie-Chan gang ) will pack-up the family, and then the Jews takes over the area and let it slip downwards. So maybe just maybe the congestion is somebodies bad joke because they know what is in store in the future. Like a Demon or Gargoyle they can wait.

It happens in NJ and will happen in NY. It is happening right in front you and you think nothing of it. They will literally call a community meeting over graffiti. Graffiti that was placed there on purpose to get more police presence. Trust me those same people who dress up like if it was 1910's are the same ones are putting up that graffiti. They will even break into their own houses. It will get reported on the news and no evidence will actually be shown with no real suspects. If there are any suspects they will most likely show people who are innocent but "fits the description". Monkey See monkey do.

Then the gays comes along as well. But oh look they are not gay they are really supremacists. They will look you dead in the eye and say "Welcome to my house, put your hands in the air like you just do not care. Living in your house".

Old 07-26-2019, 08:26 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,599,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
People move to QUeens because they cannot afford LI or NJ? are you kidding me? my house in Queens are worth 3 times the same sized houses in a good neigborhood in NJ. People move to NJ or LI because they cannot afford the city. and the city includes Queens
NJ and especially LI have expensive houses too, it depends on the neighborhood

Old 07-26-2019, 08:27 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,599,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
Manhattan restaurants are stupid, because they suck and they are overpriced. has nothing to do with which cuisine they serve. They are stupid especially when they are considered as amenities to justify the ridiculous housing price in Manahttan
It'a stupid to you because you don't seem to like anything besides Chinese restaurants. Manhattan has plenty of restaurants that aren't expensive

Old 07-26-2019, 09:14 AM

i think the chinese restuarants in manhattan are stupid too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
It'a stupid to you because you don't seem to like anything besides Chinese restaurants. Manhattan has plenty of restaurants that aren't expensive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City