U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:13 AM

701 posts, read 1,181,265 times

Advertisements

One time my unlimited expired and it was the morning rush. The line to fill it up the cards was backing up so I just went through the gate. I bought my unlimited for the afternoon commute and it will still expire the same day I believe so technically it’s not fare evasion, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:56 PM

20,957 posts, read 13,877,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
One time my unlimited expired and it was the morning rush. The line to fill it up the cards was backing up so I just went through the gate. I bought my unlimited for the afternoon commute and it will still expire the same day I believe so technically itís not fare evasion, correct?
Whatever gets you through the night.

Old Today, 06:04 PM

139 posts, read 48,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I pay, I switch between the monthly and pay per ride depending upon what my month entails.

Although I will be honest, one time I got on the bus without swiping. The line to get in the front was so packed I knew I might not make it so I followed a group to the back and got in through the back door. What I observed thought is if you get on in the back, you often get a seat. You get on in the front no seat and you pay....seems so wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prgordo View Post
I thank and appreciate those who pay their fare its worse on the Bus we are taught never to challenge but I still do from time to time that's why i prefer driving the select to avoid all that

At least on the subway paying and non-paying customers get to compete on an even footing for seats.

I'm on the subway all the time and recently have been riding the Q22, Q35,and B103 buses ---B103 is the worst for evasion through the back door --- mostly young people going through the back not paying and grabbing seats--- meanwhile fare paying customers up front -- lots of them in work clothes , especially women wearing medical/health care garb --- coming home from their jobs --- pay their fare and find the seats taken by farebeaters. Not Right No Way.Grandmas coming home from work standing all the way to Canarsie while teen and 20 - something fare evaders ride in comfort.

Years ago I saw a film called" Central Do Brasil" which was set in a Brazilian city --- it depicted healthy young men jumping through the open windows of trains before the doors opened so they could snag seats before the older folks could board --- reminds me of the B103 -- infuriating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or