U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM

50 posts, read 8,770 times

Advertisements

I seen this on Facebook earlier and some older people say lindenwood has been bad/terrible for years which I highly doubt . Anybody familiar with the area can verify ?it has be exaggeration . I think most of Queens is pretty mellow and thatís one of the areas Iíd least guess as bad .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM

98 posts, read 30,813 times
Same reason why Ozone Park declined, it borders East New York. Previously it was difficult to get from ENY to Lindenwood due to the marshes, but many formerly deadend roadways were reconstructed and connected to link the 2 communities, turning Lindenwood into a easy mark.

Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Same reason why Ozone Park declined, it borders East New York. Previously it was difficult to get from ENY to Lindenwood due to the marshes, but many formerly deadend roadways were reconstructed and connected to link the 2 communities, turning Lindenwood into a easy mark.
I think thatís the reason too but still the crime of lindenwood and ozone park is extremely low in comparison with neighboring ENY which is one of the worst in the city . I can understand the spill overs but Youíd expect them to be even worse considering whatís close by .in comparison even Jamaica is more worse then both , but thatís a problem if itís own lol

Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM

19,698 posts, read 34,801,446 times
The co-ops will keep the neighborhood stable (my guess)

I always fancied the 6 story buildings along the Conduit

In the '80s they always looked well kept from the outside.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM

3,971 posts, read 1,013,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan2queens View Post

I seen this on Facebook earlier and some older people say lindenwood has been bad/terrible for years which I highly doubt . Anybody familiar with the area can verify ?it has be exaggeration . I think most of Queens is pretty mellow and that’s one of the areas I’d least guess as bad .

Opinion:

An easy search on Google and SpotcCrime map will tell you that Lindenwood is a low crime ultra safe neighborhood.
Hi crime East New York is adjacent to Lindenwood as well as Howard Beach where the murder of a jogger made headlines
took place not to long ago. That perp was from East New York. Geographical boundaries like highways and bodies of water
are key to keeping neighborhoods isolated and relatively safe for years.This particular crime appears to have been committed by
three banditos residing outside or on the fringes of the community.

Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I always fancied the 6 story buildings along the Conduit

In the '80s they always looked well kept from the outside.
I think so too , they still look very well kept and the neighborhood has a nice look . It doesent have that old deteriorated look that tenement buildings has . The one time I was in the neighborhood it had a forest hills/rego park vibe

Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM

Quote:
I think so too , they still look very well kept and the neighborhood has a nice look . It doesent have that old deteriorated look that tenement buildings has . The one time I was in the neighborhood it had a forest hills/rego park vibe
More Rego Park

Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
More Rego Park
agreed , itís actully rego park that Iím thinking of . I Have a friend from school that lives there , big Bukharian Jewish neighborhood

Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:

An easy search on Google and SpotcCrime map will tell you that Lindenwood is a low crime ultra safe neighborhood.
Hi crime East New York is adjacent to Lindenwood as well as Howard Beach where the murder of a jogger made headlines
took place not to long ago. That perp was from East New York. Geographical boundaries like highways and bodies of water
are key to keeping neighborhoods isolated and relatively safe for years.This particular crime appears to have been committed by
three banditos residing outside or on the fringes of the community.
I agree with you 100 percent , I know itís low crime and just isolated incident. I posted people commenting on the original Facebook post from 106 precinct were saying the neighborhood been bad for years which I couldnít believe , was just wondering if anybody else had personal opinions from there experience

Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM

Quote:
agreed , itís actully rego park that Iím thinking of . I Have a friend from school that lives there , big Bukharian Jewish neighborhood
Q41 bus, Rockaway Boulevard A train

Still a stabile area.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City