U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 08:41 AM

8,174 posts, read 5,352,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Don't be condescending because I voiced my opinion. Those scenarios you pointed out are different from this specific situation. When it comes to a parent leaving their child in a hot car to die that is a criminally neglegent act. I don't care how much of an accident or mistake it was. And to be honest no one actually knows if this was intentional or not. This man could be the best actor in the world with his antics. What if he was miserable having two extra kids and thought this was the best way to address that problem?
How are they different? It is negligence? No?

The guy's wife is coming to his defense. You don't know this guy at all yet you are creating a narrative for him.

"And to be honest no one actually knows if this was intentional or not. This man could be the best actor in the world with his antics. What if he was miserable having two extra kids and thought this was the best way to address that problem"

This type of tragic incident occurs every year. The couple has a 4 year old son and twins of 1 year so they are probably sleep deprived.

https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/motor-ve...ssues/hotcars/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 08:42 AM

264 posts, read 470,441 times
Quote:
They should have a safety feature in cars so this doesn’t happen. Something to sleet the parents or an alarm that goes off when a child is in the car and it gets too hot or they have been alone for more than 5 min.
I believe both Hyundai and Nissan have this feature on some of their vehicles. There are also apps you can get that will alert you. I would hope that any parent should at the very least have an app that would warn them. We can all say we'd never do that but there but for the grace of God...

https://www.mother.ly/news/best-car-seat-sensor-app

Old 07-29-2019, 08:45 AM

21,586 posts, read 28,519,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
They have been telling people for years to put your cell phone, purse, briefcase and lunch in the backseat so you have to look back there. I really donít understand how this happens but since it does people need to heed this advice.

That implies the cell phone is more important than the kids.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:49 AM

697 posts, read 230,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
That implies the cell phone is more important than the kids.
You clearly haven't read the thread because this has already been addressed. The phone is not more important. If you put something in the backseat and make a habit of going into the back to grab your phone/laptop/lunch/etc., then that habit could help you notice a child in the backseat who usually isn't there.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:15 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,183,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
How are they different? It is negligence? No?

The guy's wife is coming to his defense. You don't know this guy at all yet you are creating a narrative for him.

"And to be honest no one actually knows if this was intentional or not. This man could be the best actor in the world with his antics. What if he was miserable having two extra kids and thought this was the best way to address that problem"

This type of tragic incident occurs every year. The couple has a 4 year old son and twins of 1 year so they are probably sleep deprived.

https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/motor-ve...ssues/hotcars/

You are the one making a narrative about him. Claiming that he's a distraught, sleep deprived, loving husband who made a simple mistake. You want to twist my words then I will twist yours.

If you bothered to clearly read my post I said "This man could be the best actor" not "is".

I'm not sold that is was 100% a tragic accident as some of the people that left their kids in their car did it deliberately. People should not dismiss that. You don't know without a shadow of doubt that this was all an accident. And even if it was I don't know how this man can live with himself.

If my wife did this to our children I'd tell the courts to not spare her any mercy. I don't forgive for these mistakes. It's black and white to me. Does that make me closed minded and unreasonable? You bet.

Let Juan Rodriguez sit in the back seat of a car on a hot day for 8 hours. I hope he serves a long, lengthy jail sentence to make an example to others.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:26 AM

Listening to all these people cheer and clap for him like he's some kind of hero when he makes bail is disgusting:
https://nypost.com/2019/07/27/dad-wh...mazing-father/

Old 07-29-2019, 10:22 AM

13,060 posts, read 8,841,563 times
Quote:
Listening to all these people cheer and clap for him like he's some kind of hero when he makes bail is disgusting:
https://nypost.com/2019/07/27/dad-wh...mazing-father/
What's more disgusting is the amount of donations he'll get from gofundme. We as a society cheer for people for make grave mistakes but never cheer for people who do the right thing.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:57 AM

348 posts, read 243,031 times
Quote:
You are the one making a narrative about him. Claiming that he's a distraught, sleep deprived, loving husband who made a simple mistake. You want to twist my words then I will twist yours.

If you bothered to clearly read my post I said "This man could be the best actor" not "is".

I'm not sold that is was 100% a tragic accident as some of the people that left their kids in their car did it deliberately. People should not dismiss that. You don't know without a shadow of doubt that this was all an accident. And even if it was I don't know how this man can live with himself.

If my wife did this to our children I'd tell the courts to not spare her any mercy. I don't forgive for these mistakes. It's black and white to me. Does that make me closed minded and unreasonable? You bet.

Let Juan Rodriguez sit in the back seat of a car on a hot day for 8 hours. I hope he serves a long, lengthy jail sentence to make an example to others.
If it is a fundamental problem for some people with how their memory works, how does incarceration deter others? While some are not, many of these occurrences are mistakes. Do you have some way on predicting who will have this problem, and not allow them to have children? This is not the type of event, that if a mistake, enforcing generates compliance.

This will be pain he carries forever whether he is in jail or not. Jailing him takes a father away from 3 other children. Is society willing to accept housing a person for no rehabilitative purpose and likely supporting a now single mother of 3. I'd rather he forced to do community service, or forced to participate in studies on why this happens and coming up with solutions, than throwing him in jail for no purpose.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:51 PM

8,174 posts, read 5,352,018 times
Quote:

LOL. Where did i say he was a distraught, loving husband? I stated he made a tragic mistake and was probably sleep deprived. At the end of the day, his wife came to his defense.

"If my wife did this to our children I'd tell the courts to not spare her any mercy. I don't forgive for these mistakes. It's black and white to me" I would assume if you did this mistake then you will request no mercy from the judge too, right???

And if the police state this as an accident should he still face jail time?? "I hope he serves a long, lengthy jail sentence to make an example to others."

If so, shouldn't parents whose kids drown at a pool, beach or incidents in which the kid found the parent's gun and shot another or him/herself also face the same sentence??

Old 07-29-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
LOL. Where did i say he was a distraught, loving husband? I stated he made a tragic mistake and was probably sleep deprived. At the end of the day, his wife came to his defense.

"If my wife did this to our children I'd tell the courts to not spare her any mercy. I don't forgive for these mistakes. It's black and white to me" I would assume if you did this mistake then you will request no mercy from the judge too, right???

And if the police state this as an accident should he still face jail time?? "I hope he serves a long, lengthy jail sentence to make an example to others."

If so, shouldn't parents whose kids drown at a pool, beach or incidents in which the kid found the parent's gun and shot another or him/herself also face the same sentence??
We're going to go on and on about this tragedy forever. And it's not going to bring those innocent children back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or