U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 05:45 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,013,447 times

Advertisements

You asked "How do you get "no charges for now" out of "Rodriguez, who is out on $100,000 bail, remains charged with two counts of manslaughter and two counts of criminally negligent homicide in the July 26 deaths of 1-year-olds Luna and Phoenix."

I answered. I'm done with the thread. Forgive me for trying to give an update.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 07:17 PM

21,102 posts, read 13,965,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
How do you get "no charges for now" out of "Rodriguez, who is out on $100,000 bail, remains charged with two counts of manslaughter and two counts of criminally negligent homicide in the July 26 deaths of 1-year-olds Luna and Phoenix."
Statement was correct:

"Prosecutors will not pursue criminal charges against the father whose one-year-old twin daughter and son died last week after police say he left them in his car for about eight hours while he was at work."

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...513482281.html

As one stated previously, unless or until a DA in NYS goes before a grand jury seeking an indictment, no felony charges can be brought against anyone in this state.

DA's office for now seems to be siding with legal counsel for Mr. Rodriguez in that this was a terrible accident.

If under continuing and further investigation DA's office uncovers evidence contrary to above, they still are free to seek an indictment. But also as one stated previously my guess is we are going to hear DA's office "declines" to press charges (for whatever reasons) , and case will be dropped.

Bail will be cancelled (funds or whatever returned), charges dropped, case closed. End of story.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:29 PM

56,592 posts, read 54,976,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Statement was correct:

"Prosecutors will not pursue criminal charges against the father whose one-year-old twin daughter and son died last week after police say he left them in his car for about eight hours while he was at work."

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...513482281.html

As one stated previously, unless or until a DA in NYS goes before a grand jury seeking an indictment, no felony charges can be brought against anyone in this state.

DA's office for now seems to be siding with legal counsel for Mr. Rodriguez in that this was a terrible accident.

If under continuing and further investigation DA's office uncovers evidence contrary to above, they still are free to seek an indictment. But also as one stated previously my guess is we are going to hear DA's office "declines" to press charges (for whatever reasons) , and case will be dropped.

Bail will be cancelled (funds or whatever returned), charges dropped, case closed. End of story.
OK. The subsequent articles contradict the NY Post article.

I didn't think they were going to press charges, but they do have to investigate.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:53 PM

21,102 posts, read 13,965,529 times
Quote:
OK. The subsequent articles contradict the NY Post article.

I didn't think they were going to press charges, but they do have to investigate.
One must remember there is relatively little original content journalism these days. All news media (but especially print) have slashed their reporting staff. Instead they rely upon other sources (Associated Press, etc...) and the "reporter" for paper will add somethings, or whatever, then attach his or her own byline.

You see this because often same errors in reporting, grammar and usage spread across articles in several news sites. That couldn't happen with original content, so like kids in school copying (badly) someone else's work they take what is written as gospel.

Ironically find European news media like Guardian and even Daily Fail (ok Mail) do a better job of reporting American news stories than must of home grown tabloid media.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:21 PM

56,592 posts, read 54,976,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
One must remember there is relatively little original content journalism these days. All news media (but especially print) have slashed their reporting staff. Instead they rely upon other sources (Associated Press, etc...) and the "reporter" for paper will add somethings, or whatever, then attach his or her own byline.

You see this because often same errors in reporting, grammar and usage spread across articles in several news sites. That couldn't happen with original content, so like kids in school copying (badly) someone else's work they take what is written as gospel.

Ironically find European news media like Guardian and even Daily Fail (ok Mail) do a better job of reporting American news stories than must of home grown tabloid media.
Don't get me started. The typos alone are enough to make me rip out my hair.

Old 08-02-2019, 09:32 AM

4,623 posts, read 4,082,426 times
That man is devastated beyond belief. It was truly a mistake.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:00 AM

79 posts, read 35,078 times
Quote:
I think the problem is that if the device fails, that opens up the manufacturer of the device and/or the automobile to lawsuits.

i would buy this if car manufacturers weren't trying to advance driverless cars.... seems like that technology is rife with litigation potential over making a bluetooth enabled device for the carseat that will beep/signal when the car door locks and the carseat hasn't been unlocked or the signal is to far away from the car. My understanding there are two carseat options - one of which is costly $300.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:43 AM

13,080 posts, read 8,860,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Guess he is going to get no punishment.
Everything has consequences, even criminals who commits a crime and get no punishment will face eventual consequences.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:35 AM

2,521 posts, read 3,560,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Guess he is going to get no punishment.
Iím sure that any type of punishment the state could give is nothing compared to the guilt and grief this man feels. Why spend the money to punish him with jail time when his guilt is a far more intense form or punishment. This is going to haunt him forever.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:19 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,984,810 times
Father is so full of it.

No way in hell u don't think if your infant twins during your shift. He killed those babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or