U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 03:52 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,160,415 times

Advertisements

So they're not pursuing charges. I feel very mixed up about this case. Makes my stomach sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 05:19 PM

19,752 posts, read 34,884,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Father is so full of it.

No way in hell u don't think if your infant twins during your shift. He killed those babies.
I'm sorry but you dont forget babies in a Honda Accord, you dont look in your rear view while you're driving? How could you not see them? Sorry but I'm saying this as a parent. Sorry but me and my wife is on our kids like a hawk.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-02-2019, 05:40 PM

2,167 posts, read 1,012,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'm sorry but you dont forget babies in a Honda Accord, you dont look in your rear view while you're driving? How could you not see them? Sorry but I'm saying this as a parent. Sorry but me and my wife is on our kids like a hawk.
Exactly. Unless you have incredible tunnel vision (you can only focus on one thing at a time & exclude everything else), high as a kite or so unbelievably flighty.... there's no way you can "forget" you have a kid in the car no matter how much in a rush you are or how many things you have planned that day. But... apparently it happens often enough. But I'm with you. It's baffling. I don't get it.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:35 PM

1,776 posts, read 2,188,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Well I'm glad someone agrees with me. Something about this guy's face that makes me feel like he's putting on the act of a lifetime. I just don't see how he was oblivious to not just one kid in the back seat of his car, but two kids. I don't buy his story one bit.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:18 AM

385 posts, read 215,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_drd View Post
Not sad at all, I just have questions because this is just to simple an explanation (I just forgot they were in the car) and it deserves a thorough investigation! I don't believe we know all the facts yet. BTW, How many people were sympathetic for Susan Smith who claimed her car with her kids in it was hijacked by a black man only to later find out she pushed the car with her kids strapped in into a lake and killed them? The things people are capable of doing to their kids is mind-boggling. Just google up like this and wait till you see how many cases you have never heard of pop up!

You have your option but so do I!
I'm a new mom to a 8 month old. My husband and I are talking about this case. What bothers me the most is

A) Doesn't the VA hospital have a parking lot? Where was his car parked that NOONE saw those babies for 8 hours?

B) Mom didn't call Dad all day, NOBODY called the daycare to check in on them. Daycare didn't call to say "where are the kids?"

I am constantly in contact with my husband when he has our son. I don't care if he has done **** 1000 times. I want to know he has done it THAT time. From feeding, to changing his diaper to strapping him the car seat.

If a call was too time-consuming send a text that says "How did the drop off go?"

Those are my questions as a parent. This is undeniable tragic but there needs to be more investigation in my opinion.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:37 AM

56,605 posts, read 54,993,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc718 View Post
I'm a new mom to a 8 month old. My husband and I are talking about this case. What bothers me the most is

A) Doesn't the VA hospital have a parking lot? Where was his car parked that NOONE saw those babies for 8 hours?

B) Mom didn't call Dad all day, NOBODY called the daycare to check in on them. Daycare didn't call to say "where are the kids?"

I am constantly in contact with my husband when he has our son. I don't care if he has done **** 1000 times. I want to know he has done it THAT time. From feeding, to changing his diaper to strapping him the car seat.

If a call was too time-consuming send a text that says "How did the drop off go?"

Those are my questions as a parent. This is undeniable tragic but there needs to be more investigation in my opinion.
I don't know if it has a parking lot or not, but remember, this is a city where there was a parked car with a DEAD GUY who had committed suicide in it sitting on the street for a week, and no one noticed.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:54 AM

385 posts, read 215,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't know if it has a parking lot or not, but remember, this is a city where there was a parked car with a DEAD GUY who had committed suicide in it sitting on the street for a week, and no one noticed.
Ok, but is the car soundproof? Two 1-year-old screaming because they were hungry or wanted a parent should have alerted someone at some point. Most babies wake up crying when not tended to, especially when in unfamiliar surroundings. It was a summer day, even with rain people should have been around.

I just find it odd that while the car was parked not only did people not see two 1-year-olds in the car seats. There have been no reports of no one hearing them. Maybe people did and shrugged it off as colic babies.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:11 PM

469 posts, read 578,569 times
give that mo****a a drug-test..he could have been high on dope..and he work at the veteran hospital on kingsbridge,at the gate theres a police-officer there and he has to lift the arm for your car to enter-so therefor the driver has to lower his window in order to show his I.D, but due to the tinted-windows that was impossible.
I still cant see how in the hell you gonna forget 2 infants in the back seat!..they werent pets..even a dog will be noticed-I will not accept his plea,because if he couldnt take care of them..give them up for adoption..thats my opinion..maybe it was a life-insurance job too-I bet he didnt leave his cell phone in there when he left!

Old 08-03-2019, 12:38 PM

502 posts, read 135,594 times
I don’t ever remember hearing about this happening 40 years ago. We didn’t have cell phones and at my husband’s job he could only get a call if it was a emergency. The few times he took the kids to daycare I never worried.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:37 PM

19,752 posts, read 34,884,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc718 View Post

Word

How do you get out of a car in a parking lot and not notice

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or