Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 11:11 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,222,477 times

Advertisements

Looks like they have 3 more kids. The twins were adorable.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-custody.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 11:48 PM

19 posts, read 20,023 times
They should have a safety feature in cars so this doesn’t happen. Something to sleet the parents or an alarm that goes off when a child is in the car and it gets too hot or they have been alone for more than 5 min.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:18 AM

37,022 posts, read 39,094,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
any parent that needs to put a cellphone in the back seat so they dont forget thier child, doesnt deserve to be a parent.

I still stand by what I said.

gee, hunny, let put the cell phone in the back seat so we dont forget little charlie

when I need to go to the bank on the way home, I put a sticky on my dashboard, because I can accidently forget going to the bank, as I find a good parking spot and go up to my apartment, trust me, I wouldnt forget that I had a baby in my back seat, you really have to be some kind of complete moron, idiot, nutcase, to do that.
Well, that’s rough. The study’s finding was that people this happened to for the most part did not believe it could happen to them which probably stemmed from a belief that you really have to be some kind of complete moron, idiot, nutcase to do that. Ah well, it’s still relatively rare.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:17 AM

88,293 posts, read 84,292,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Do you have a link to the article?

I’ll read it if for nothing other than I can’t fathom how kids aren’t the top priority at all times. I don’t ever need a mind-game to remind me about ANYTHING when it comes to my kids, much less forgetting they are with me entirely.
Me, either.

I thought the article was already posted here, but I mixed this up with the Current Events thread.

Here are two versions. One is from the site, and the other is the .pdf.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.46768e856508

https://www.kidsandcars.org/wp-conte...istraction.pdf

Old 07-28-2019, 07:18 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,421,244 times
Sad, vert sad.

Lets see what the investigation develops before the forum trolls run amok

Old 07-28-2019, 08:12 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,223,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
any parent that needs to put a cellphone in the back seat so they dont forget thier child, doesnt deserve to be a parent.

I still stand by what I said.

gee, hunny, let put the cell phone in the back seat so we dont forget little charlie

when I need to go to the bank on the way home, I put a sticky on my dashboard, because I can accidently forget going to the bank, as I find a good parking spot and go up to my apartment, trust me, I wouldnt forget that I had a baby in my back seat, you really have to be some kind of complete moron, idiot, nutcase, to do that.
This.

If they will forget a kid, then why don't they forget the phone as well...

Old 07-28-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyTris View Post
They should have a safety feature in cars so this doesn’t happen. Something to sleet the parents or an alarm that goes off when a child is in the car and it gets too hot or they have been alone for more than 5 min.
I think the problem is that if the device fails, that opens up the manufacturer of the device and/or the automobile to lawsuits.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:27 AM

18,948 posts, read 13,838,201 times
Having read the links, I see what they’re saying regarding how our brain can function, but still disagree that this can happen to anyone. I am still 100% confident that this could never happen to me.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-28-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
This.

If they will forget a kid, then why don't they forget the phone as well...
That could happen, but most people use their phones during the day and will go looking for it. If you have it in your head that you already dropped the baby off at the babysitter, you aren't going to go looking for your baby because you think the baby is safely somewhere else, but if you think, "Gee, I should call the babysitter/my mother/the doctor...where is my phone?" you ARE going to go looking for it.

I think a purse or wallet is better, though. Most working people need an ID to get into a building and will need that handy.

Even though I never forgot my kid, it's scary because I can kind of see it happening. My daughter's baby and toddler years are a fog in my memory. She didn't sleep through the night until she was three and even then it was seven hours tops (those "What To Expect" books saying the kid will sleep 12 hours at 3 months are FOS), and I had to get up, drive her fifteen miles to my parents' house, and then begin my train commute to the city for work. I never had enough sleep and was running on fumes.

Thankfully, I COULDN'T forget to drop her off because if I'd gotten to my parents' house and walked in without my daughter, they would have noticed.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Having read the links, I see what they’re saying regarding how our brain can function, but still disagree that this can happen to anyone. I am still 100% confident that this could never happen to me.
I bet Juan Rodriguez said that, too, but I hope you are correct.

I think it did say that certain people might be more prone, and also, it might be more of a chance if something is weighing on one's mind, or there is a change in routine. As I stated in my post above, it was a very difficult time when my kid was little and I went for years without ever having a full night's sleep. Not being able to sleep more than four or five hours at a stretch takes a toll on the mind. What probably suffered most at the time was my job. I did what I had to do, but during those years I didn't move up the ladder at all. The extra brain power needed to take on MORE just wasn't there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City