Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 10:36 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times

Advertisements

Being a Prez candidate is one of the ways to make some extra dough on the side as you can line your pocket with donor cash. That was one of the main reasons Trump ran for Prez initially to get his face out there and get some donors then sell his books but he didn't realize that his platform was new and refreshing to people who are tired of the establishment candidates like Biden, Hillary, and Bush. He thought he was only gonna pocket a few million in donations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 12:19 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
^ That's not even close to being true. Trump had been pondering running for president for decades. In the preceding years to his announcement to run, he was regularly opining on national politics. He is genuinely interested in politics.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bc90K7Kieek

Old 07-31-2019, 07:54 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I shake my head in disbelief that nyc voters voted for this guy not once, but TWICE! ��

Careful your head doesn't fall off, Louie.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:23 AM

931 posts, read 801,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Anything that helps gets Donald Trump dumped into the 10th layer of Dante's Hell is fine with me.
If DeBlasio can help, than so be it.
Drinking the Fake News CNN & MSNBC Kool Aid I see. You must love believing in disproven Conspiracy Theory fairy tales that Trump's a Russian spy.

At what point do you wake up and realize the MSM has been lying to you about Trump to paint him in a bad light?

At what point do you wake up and realize Trump is the good guy trying to drain the swamp and restore order from all these corrupt politicians, media heads and business leaders that control everything?

Old 07-31-2019, 08:29 AM

931 posts, read 801,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Being a Prez candidate is one of the ways to make some extra dough on the side as you can line your pocket with donor cash. That was one of the main reasons Trump ran for Prez initially to get his face out there and get some donors then sell his books but he didn't realize that his platform was new and refreshing to people who are tired of the establishment candidates like Biden, Hillary, and Bush. He thought he was only gonna pocket a few million in donations.
You're right about De Blasio running for President to pocket donor cash. It's all a sham to create his own personal SLUSH FUND. That's the hustle side for running for President. Even if you lose, you technically win...monetarily that is.

You're wrong about Trump though. 1 for 2 isn't bad.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:54 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
He would be late to the office if WW3 breaks out

You mean the one that Donald Trump started?

Old 08-01-2019, 08:21 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
You're right about De Blasio running for President to pocket donor cash. It's all a sham to create his own personal SLUSH FUND. That's the hustle side for running for President. Even if you lose, you technically win...monetarily that is.

You're wrong about Trump though. 1 for 2 isn't bad.
You should watch some early videos of Trump campaign when he initially ran. He wasn't a serious candidate, most of his staff were volunteers and he ran a very low budget staff. Most people didn't think he was in it to win.

I watched his interviews about running and he didn't have a serious game face, he was obviously there to promote his platform. They had hour long interview of him about his family and business. This is all before the liberal media decided he was a huge threat.

The liberals were promoting Trump hoping to take down Bush and Ted Cruz. It worked beyond their imagination.

Now I was a Trump supporter at the time because I knew Trump had the energy to decimate the competition but nobody took him seriously until after 2 primaries. And I knew that Trump at the early get go wasn't serious about going all the way until he saw the results after 3 primaries.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:57 AM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Trump will win for three big reasons:

1. He connects with his followers via Twitter, updating them day in and day out, thus bypassing the "fake news media" whom are constantly trashing him.

2. He holds rallies all the time - as if he were a rock star. During his rallies, he talks about issues that people can connect with - like, "Hey I was talking to the president of China, and well... he has been robbing us blind! But can you believe that now I am introducing tarrifs to bring back *your* jobs.... I can't understand why former presidents haven't done this!"

3. The Democrats have overplayed the race card (a dumb thing to do when 70% of this country is white). They did so with the southern border - comparing it to concentration camps, and by repeating that Trump is racist. They do this practically every single day. It's like a parrot or a broken record.

This is why I predict that Trump will win in 2020.

Old 08-01-2019, 03:13 PM

15,844 posts, read 14,479,382 times
Trump is benefiting from something else, although somewhat related to your last point. In the primaries, the main voters are the far ends of the ideological spectrum. These people were burned last time by the DNC shoving the Hildabeast down their throats. This year they're not taking it (and the party is backing off trying to dictate who wins the nomination.) So far left policies are dominating the nominating process. So their likely to nominate some far left loon like Sanders or Warren.

But in the general election, the voters are more centerist. And with the electoral college system, to actually win the election, the winner has to win a lot of the states the lean conservative. They're going to be put off by far left rhetoric coming out of the democratic nominating process. If they can't win FL, OH, PA, MI, WI, etc. They're done.

Old 08-01-2019, 03:15 PM

15,844 posts, read 14,479,382 times
Back to Bla, thankfully he presidential run is looking like it's blowing up in his face. Opposite of setting him up for a cabinet post, or a statewide run down the line, it's making him look like more of an idiot, and alienating both other pols who he'd need for an appointment, and NY voters he'd need for a state wide run.

Mayor of NYC tends to be a dead end job. In this case, I'm glad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City