U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-29-2019, 05:19 PM
 
9,455 posts, read 9,297,200 times
Reputation: 11932

Advertisements

There's something funny about applying the term "reasonable" to NYC weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Manhattan
21,578 posts, read 28,504,520 times
Reputation: 9805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
There's something funny about applying the term "reasonable" to NYC weather.


How about "normal?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:18 AM
 
3,551 posts, read 3,383,569 times
Reputation: 2597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
There's something funny about applying the term "reasonable" to NYC weather.

life cannot be that exciting if someone has to ponder over "something funny about applying the term "reasonable" to NYC weather"...to say the least...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:03 PM
 
21,003 posts, read 13,913,880 times
Reputation: 14642
Aside from a few days and or extending periods where temps where at or above 90F, this summer has been not totally unusual in that regard.

Problem is, and one has stated this previously, city is and has become incredibly moist.

Not just summer either, but really much of year even when temps are cooler or down right cold it is still damp and or moist.

Last night, today and even right now temps aren't that hot, but the air is moist and heavy. You want to wear a jacket or sweater due to the chill, but then you start to sweat because the moisture in air makes it difficult to cool off.

This season there have been more days AC was on more to remove moisture, than cool down. In fact leaving it set at 74F usually doesn't do much. Have to crank things down to 72F or lower, which of course drives up energy use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:18 PM
 
Location: In the heights
22,324 posts, read 23,803,150 times
Reputation: 11740
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Aside from a few days and or extending periods where temps where at or above 90F, this summer has been not totally unusual in that regard.

Problem is, and one has stated this previously, city is and has become incredibly moist.

Not just summer either, but really much of year even when temps are cooler or down right cold it is still damp and or moist.

Last night, today and even right now temps aren't that hot, but the air is moist and heavy. You want to wear a jacket or sweater due to the chill, but then you start to sweat because the moisture in air makes it difficult to cool off.

This season there have been more days AC was on more to remove moisture, than cool down. In fact leaving it set at 74F usually doesn't do much. Have to crank things down to 72F or lower, which of course drives up energy use.
Well, one question is if the ambient water temperature has gotten higher since the ocean is pretty wet and our being a coastal city means that we can be greatly affected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:07 PM
 
Location: Confines of the 101 Precinct
19,722 posts, read 34,834,302 times
Reputation: 8479
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Well, one question is if the ambient water temperature has gotten higher since the ocean is pretty wet and our being a coastal city means that we can be greatly affected.
Water was great weekeend before last. 74 degrees.
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top