U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM

8,800 posts, read 7,157,107 times

Advertisements

As long as no cops get hurt in those neighborhoods, I really don’t care. I’m hearing cops did a ton of work at that shooting scene last night, after being treated like crap in that very precinct just a few days ago. Should’ve ignored it. At least none got hurt.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM

10,987 posts, read 9,388,061 times
Bring back Broken Windows. Bring back Stop and Frisk. Bring back aggressive policing. Elect DAs and judges who'll lock up criminals.

We know how to deal with this. We've just allowed the inmates to get control of the asylum.

Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,066,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Why do people care about shootings when they happen at 1am in the areas you never go to or don't plan to go to?
I live in the south Bronx and hear gunshots often nearby. That's why I care.

Way to assume I live somewhere else like you guys who love to support a horrible mayor because it doesn't affect you daily.

Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM

22,291 posts, read 23,786,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post

Way to assume I live somewhere else like you guys who love to support a horrible mayor because it doesn't affect you daily.
I don't like this mayor either, but the many solid arguments about the problems this mayoralty has are undercut by people clutching their pearls who argue in the extreme. You don't need the city falling into 1970s chaos in order for this to be counted as an incompetent mayor, but you certainly provide a lot of cover for him by painting everything in an obviously wrong extreme.

Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM

6,432 posts, read 5,925,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
As long as no cops get hurt in those neighborhoods, I really donít care. Iím hearing cops did a ton of work at that shooting scene last night, after being treated like crap in that very precinct just a few days ago. Shouldíve ignored it. At least none got hurt.
If they ignore it they aren't doing their job. If someone isnt going to do their job then that job isnt for them and time to find a new one.

Old Yesterday, 11:34 AM

6,432 posts, read 5,925,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post

WW what pct are you in? I don't like it either but when you call 311 in my area cops often don't come or if they do it's hours later.

Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,066,984 times
48 pct

Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM

19,707 posts, read 34,818,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
As long as no cops get hurt in those neighborhoods, I really don’t care. I’m hearing cops did a ton of work at that shooting scene last night, after being treated like crap in that very precinct just a few days ago. Should’ve ignored it. At least none got hurt.
How quickly we forget they was just getting water buckets thrown at em

Man...

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM

19,707 posts, read 34,818,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I don't like this mayor either, but the many solid arguments about the problems this mayoralty has are undercut by people clutching their pearls who argue in the extreme. You don't need the city falling into 1970s chaos in order for this to be counted as an incompetent mayor, but you certainly provide a lot of cover for him by painting everything in an obviously wrong extreme.
There's a lot of them on here who blame him for everything

Like I grew up in NYC in the early 1980s, this is nothing

Not to say we're sweeping it under the rug

But all the people complaining about deBlasio have never seen how bad NYC truly was

Burning car fires was normal homie!

We had blackouts every summer, that was normal!

Graffiti - normal!!

Train with no lights - normal!

Crack vials in the street - normal!

If we can fix those days, then this s--t is nothing........

It is nowhere as bad as the 1980s, I'm sorry. This is why we still have a chance!

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM

8,800 posts, read 7,157,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
How quickly we forget they was just getting water buckets thrown at em

Man...
Exactly. Some of those people were probably at this event too.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or