U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM

3,870 posts, read 1,406,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
I live in the south Bronx and hear gunshots often nearby. That's why I care.

Way to assume I live somewhere else like you guys who love to support a horrible mayor because it doesn't affect you daily.

If it's happening between 1am and 6am involving gangs then it should be a story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,066,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
There's a lot of them on here who blame him for everything

Like I grew up in NYC in the early 1980s, this is nothing

Not to say we're sweeping it under the rug

But all the people complaining about deBlasio have never seen how bad NYC truly was

Burning car fires was normal homie!

We had blackouts every summer, that was normal!

Graffiti - normal!!

Train with no lights - normal!

Crack vials in the street - normal!

If we can fix those days, then this s--t is nothing........

It is nowhere as bad as the 1980s, I'm sorry. This is why we still have a chance!
This is my point. No it's not as bad as when we were kids growing up with all of this, but if things continue going the way they are, we will start trending hard down again and see 80s in NYC in 2025-2030 very easily if we are not careful. Of course we are not there yet, but if we keep ignoring the trend we will be doomed to fail.

Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM

62 posts, read 12,358 times
Quote:
There's a lot of them on here who blame him for everything

Like I grew up in NYC in the early 1980s, this is nothing

Not to say we're sweeping it under the rug

But all the people complaining about deBlasio have never seen how bad NYC truly was

Burning car fires was normal homie!

We had blackouts every summer, that was normal!

Graffiti - normal!!

Train with no lights - normal!

Crack vials in the street - normal!

If we can fix those days, then this s--t is nothing........

It is nowhere as bad as the 1980s, I'm sorry. This is why we still have a chance!
My words exactly Sev thank you

Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM

19,714 posts, read 34,818,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
This is my point. No it's not as bad as when we were kids growing up with all of this, but if things continue going the way they are, we will start trending hard down again and see 80s in NYC in 2025-2030 very easily if we are not careful. Of course we are not there yet, but if we keep ignoring the trend we will be doomed to fail.
The major difference between then and now is that back then we had no Internet

No worries bro

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,925,921 times
Quote:
The major difference between then and now is that back then we had no Internet

No worries bro
Yes technology has changed the times more then anything. Thats why the crime rates are better, there is still corrupt people out there now like there was then. Its just easier to get caught now!

Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM

22,294 posts, read 23,786,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Yes technology has changed the times more then anything. Thats why the crime rates are better, there is still corrupt people out there now like there was then. Its just easier to get caught now!
It’s more than that—it’s also because turf wars don’t make much sense when rackets like gambling, prostitution and drug dealing are point to point make turf wars economically unviable in comparison.

Also, the effects of reduced lead poisoning and its effects on people over a probabilistic field in urban cities from leaded gasoline fumes concentrated by city traffic and similarly the increased access to contraceptives and abortion. The correlations are very exciting.

Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,925,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Itís more than thatóitís also because turf wars donít make much sense when rackets like gambling, prostitution and drug dealing are point to point make turf wars economically unviable in comparison.

Also, the effects of reduced lead poisoning and its effects on people over a probabilistic field in urban cities from leaded gasoline fumes concentrated by city traffic and similarly the increased access to contraceptives and abortion. The correlations are very exciting.

Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM

55,781 posts, read 74,771,614 times
I am cancelling my theatre tickets and sitting this one out

Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM

590 posts, read 567,450 times
Sad night for Brooklyn, the worse is that there were about 100 officer patrolling in and around the event.

Just shows how ruthless some of these hood scum can really be, and the NYPD have to deal with them everyday.

Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM

72,175 posts, read 72,121,987 times
When we go out to eat I usually sit in the no shooting section
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or