U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 07:43 PM

3,870 posts, read 1,409,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
When we go out to eat I usually sit in the no shooting section
I thought it was better to eat outside in Manhattan during a summer evening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:41 AM

12,711 posts, read 4,294,630 times
Let Trump be Trump and send in the freaking army to clean up this cesspool of a neighborhood.

Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM

11,876 posts, read 6,364,041 times
Begs the question of whether President Trump should have included NYC among the rat and crime infested cities

Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM

2,777 posts, read 3,600,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Begs the question of whether President Trump should have included NYC among the rat and crime infested cities
At least there's one less rat and criminal in NYC with Trump in DC.

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

1,381 posts, read 662,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Can barely type, I'm laughing so hard

Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM

10,994 posts, read 9,393,631 times
I remember a good bit of that. I saw how it was finally dealt with effectively. I see Bla undoing it. And because of that, we're starting to see the beginnings of the bad old days returning. That's why I want Bla gone, and want a mayor who will return to doing what worked, and not cave to the SJW crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
There's a lot of them on here who blame him for everything

Like I grew up in NYC in the early 1980s, this is nothing

Not to say we're sweeping it under the rug

But all the people complaining about deBlasio have never seen how bad NYC truly was

Burning car fires was normal homie!

We had blackouts every summer, that was normal!

Graffiti - normal!!

Train with no lights - normal!

Crack vials in the street - normal!

If we can fix those days, then this s--t is nothing........

It is nowhere as bad as the 1980s, I'm sorry. This is why we still have a chance!

Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM

19,716 posts, read 34,826,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I remember a good bit of that. I saw how it was finally dealt with effectively. I see Bla undoing it. And because of that, we're starting to see the beginnings of the bad old days returning. That's why I want Bla gone, and want a mayor who will return to doing what worked, and not cave to the SJW crowd.
Shootings like this were happening during Bloomberg too

In Brownsville too

One shooting is not going to bring the city back to the 1980s.

Every crime that gets people alarmed - it happened already.

Like I said, when the good precincts start getting bad then call me

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM

I watched NYC go from 2,200 murders a year to less than 300. A city of 8 million ++ people is never going to be murder free, but it's gotten pretty close to that

Now we're starting to see cause and effect of reversing the downward trend. That should be nipped in the bud.

Quote:
Shootings like this were happening during Bloomberg too

In Brownsville too

One shooting is not going to bring the city back to the 1980s.

Every crime that gets people alarmed - it happened already.

Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM

19,716 posts, read 34,826,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I watched NYC go from 2,200 murders a year to less than 300. A city of 8 million ++ people is never going to be murder free, but it's gotten pretty close to that

Now we're starting to see cause and effect of reversing the downward trend. That should be nipped in the bud.
Meh

Albeit cops should not get buckets of water thrown at them, I'm sure cops have been disrespected plenty throughout the years. Doesn't excuse it. The only issue is that now cameras are on, people see everything. Water buckets are not going to equal anarchy across the city. It's almost like a reverse scaremongering thats going on, like people almost want to see the city descend into chaos, who wants to see that?

Then there's this weird segment of you that think the average street criminal pays attention to politics, I've yet to figure that out

Like big cities in the USA are just going to have murder, no way around it

It's mostly transplants with this fearmongering I find.

Most people on this forum should go find a major US city that has less than 100 murders a year to go live in, that would eliminate about 20% of posts here

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM

So why don't you move to Detroit or Chicago. They have all the murders you want.

I've seen what works, and I want it to continue. But the worthless democratic political machine found it could get power back by pandering to the criminal and welfare classes. And a lot of educated but still stupid professional class people bought the guilt trip that was thrown at them. Sorry, it's all bull$hit.

Quote:
Meh

Albeit cops should not get buckets of water thrown at them, I'm sure cops have been disrespected plenty throughout the years. Doesn't excuse it. The only issue is that now cameras are on, people see everything. Water buckets are not going to equal anarchy across the city. It's almost like a reverse scaremongering thats going on, like people almost want to see the city descend into chaos, who wants to see that?

Then there's this weird segment of you that think the average street criminal pays attention to politics, I've yet to figure that out

Like big cities in the USA are just going to have murder, no way around it

It's mostly transplants with this fearmongering I find.

Most people on this forum should go find a major US city that has less than 100 murders a year to go live in, that would eliminate about 20% of posts here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or