U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM

7 posts, read 968 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving to North Shore Towers, but hesitate due to the commute. I work in midtown and am concerned the commute might be 2+ hours one way. I understand there are express buses that run directly from the Towers to midtown. But, the bus schedule times the trip as 75 minutes which is probably longer with traffic, weather, etc. The bus ride also does not seem that "express" going local along Union Turnpike to Queens Blvd. before finally hitting the LIE by Queens Center. With all the traffic lights and bus stops, that must be a loooooooooong stretch. And, I must still walk 10-15 minutes once in Manhattan from the bus stop.

The alternative would be to take the LIRR. But, I doubt I could park in the Great Neck or Floral Park (Nassau) lots as I am not a resident in either town. Walking to/from the bus that runs along Lakeville Road seems hazardous especially in the winter. The sidewalk is poorly lit and I wonder if it would even be shoveled.

I appreciate any insights anyone may have about this. Looks like a great complex, but commuting four or more hours a day is too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM

19,715 posts, read 34,826,813 times
You might want to try posting this on the LI Forum too.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old Today, 07:57 AM

7 posts, read 968 times
Thanks for the suggestion. Since the Towers are technically in Queens, I thought it would be more appropriate to post here despite literally being able to cross the street into Nassau County from there! Already got one response on that board...hoping for more insights here and there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or