U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM

61 posts, read 8,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackconverse View Post
It's a law that is on the books.
You are not supposed to be parked in the same spot over 7 days in a row.
Enforcement varies depending in the neighborhood you are complaining from.

311 says you can report a car parked over 7 days in the same spot at the link below, except that there is no specific drop-down for 'parked over 7 days in the same spot'. So I guess you are stuck having to call 311 on the phone.

https://portal.311.nyc.gov/article/?kanumber=KA-01986
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:14 PM

622 posts, read 221,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
311 says you can report a car parked over 7 days in the same spot at the link below, except that there is no specific drop-down for 'parked over 7 days in the same spot'. So I guess you are stuck having to call 311 on the phone.

https://portal.311.nyc.gov/article/?kanumber=KA-01986
Victim here. And i was on the 4th day approaching day 5 when they attempted to tow my car.

Also i have to agree, those street sweepers do nothing in the south Bronx. The most they do it kick the garbage up onto the sidewalk or move it to the center of the street when the suction power isnt strong enough to puck up the trash.

I wont even mention what happens to the trash if the street have bumps and pot holes.

Im my area a sanitation car usually comes ahead of the sweeper to issue tickets. the sweeper only comes once during that 90 minute window if it comes at all. But let there be a Yankee game, watch how many sweepers come before and after the game and clean the streets around the stadium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City