U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 12:53 PM

19,747 posts, read 34,861,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
I was born and raised in NYC. Iím not a transplant.
A guy man spread and bags took up 3 seats. I had half a seat because he wouldnít move his bags or shut his legs.
Ok, so if you're not a transplant, it should be beyond evident to you that a large percentage of the people who live in this city, and commuters, ride the subway and not everybody has subway ettiquette.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 12:55 PM

19,747 posts, read 34,861,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Telling obnoxious kids to shut up is a FAR different scenario than asking someone to move their bag so you can sit. If you can’t understand the difference, that’s really weird.
What is the difference? I see both actions as equally obnoxious, the bag on the seat and the loud kids. What, you think the bag person would somehow be more civilized than the loud kids? I guess this whole thread dispels that theory, now doesnt it

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-01-2019, 01:07 PM

464 posts, read 577,802 times
I dont use the subway, I have a car..the people are very rude..sit in a seat and open their legs wide so nobody-else can sit,plus too many bums and panhandlers.
the subway,and bus are terrible.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:50 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,296,972 times
I know a cop back in the day who would purposely take the subway at odd hours. This was in the 80s. He sent several gang bangers to early graves.

Old Today, 04:00 PM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 37 minutes ago)

11,925 posts, read 6,386,070 times
Just another reason why I avoid the subway when visiting the fam in NYC. Too many loony bins riding around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or