U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:21 AM

109 posts, read 12,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Guess what, there are thousands of good people out there who would feel blessed to be a police officer in NYC, make six figures, with great benefits who will serve the better then that cop. Let him get fired. It will be better for involved, police officers, citizens, everyone.
I repped you on this one. Not for nothing I don't like people getting fired. The reason why pantenello should be fired is due to thr fact that his actions led to the death of Eric garner. Medical examiner said the compression to the neck killed Eric garner. Yes Eric garner had health complications that also aided in his death like asthma, heart disease and diabetes. Eric garner heart was twice as large as the average human being. Eric garner was a ticking time bomb. However pantenello is responsible and contributing to his death. Also pantenello actions

Further more. Pantenello lost the publics trust he lost the trust of the NYPD as well. Pantenello seems like a good person but his actions hurt the police department and his community that her serves. He should be terminated or step down in what is morally right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:57 AM

8,837 posts, read 7,179,356 times
This is why we can never put hands on anyone again, not even a murderer. Even after acknowledging that Garner died due to his own actions and health, the above poster still wants Danny fired just because he found himself in a situation that doesn’t look good.

Protect and serve? Lol Protect the pension!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old Today, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This is why we can never put hands on anyone again, not even a murderer. Even after acknowledging that Garner died due to his own actions and health, the above poster still wants Danny fired just because he found himself in a situation that doesn’t look good.

I actually do not like people being fired. Mistakes happen on the job. I also don't like mob mentality that forces employers to fire individuals. Right now the NYPD is going through a tough process on whether or not to fire, or keep pantenello on the job. I also feel sorry for what pantenello is going through as well. He has a wife and he is going through it. If he is fired it will be difficult for him to get a job now due to his public figure now unless he changes his legal identity. And I say this as someone that is pro police.

Old Today, 10:47 AM

3,593 posts, read 1,384,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verifiedcheckmark View Post
I actually do not like people being fired. Mistakes happen on the job. I also don't like mob mentality that forces employers to fire individuals. Right now the NYPD is going through a tough process on whether or not to fire, or keep pantenello on the job. I also feel sorry for what pantenello is going through as well. He has a wife and he is going through it. If he is fired it will be difficult for him to get a job now due to his public figure now unless he changes his legal identity. And I say this as someone that is pro police.
People lose their jobs everywhere every day. In my line of work, and in yours. Not pleasant but just because your a police officer does not mean it's your job for Life. Bad any profession get fired. And I am not anti police. My daughter is looking at being a NYPD officer and she has always been raised to treat officers with respect and courtesy. I have no problem seeing supporting our officers. But who benefits when a bad officer remains on the job ? At my job we have performance evaluations, work proficiency evaluations, and performance goals. If we are not profecient we get terminated.

Old Today, 11:44 AM

Quote:

When you joined the policy force where you already burned out ? I just hope future policy psych exams can screen people out with your frame of mind. Not for nothing but that's how I feel. Police officers so cynical so obviously only concerned with what you get and not the good you can do undermines the profession.

Old Today, 12:03 PM

2,743 posts, read 2,304,123 times
Eric could’ve avoided the problem had he not resisted arrest, and Daniel could’ve avoided the problem had he not placed Eric under a chokehold. I don’t care if in Brazilian tsing Tao or whatever it’s not a chokehold - the medical examiner ruled that yes it was a chokehold.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1SL12V

Old Today, 12:09 PM

8,837 posts, read 7,179,356 times
Quote:
When you joined the policy force where you already burned out ? I just hope future policy psych exams can screen people out with your frame of mind. Not for nothing but that's how I feel. Police officers so cynical so obviously only concerned with what you get and not the good you can do undermines the profession.
From 2002-2014 I was never less than the 4th or 5th cop/supervisor by activity. Not a single month. I loved this job when we could do it.

No shot I do it now. I already protected myself by transferring to one of the slowest precincts where the vast majority of people support the police FOR REAL. But it’s still too risky.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old Today, 01:44 PM

Quote:
From 2002-2014 I was never less than the 4th or 5th cop/supervisor by activity. Not a single month. I loved this job when we could do it.

No shot I do it now. I already protected myself by transferring to one of the slowest precincts where the vast majority of people support the police FOR REAL. But it’s still too risky.
Even in the South Bronx where I was raised the majority of people support the cops, love the cops. What people don't like is bad cops. Cops who see the residents of the area as potential threats. Cops who patrol the project stairways with their guns ready to fire and shoot some one who happens to be there, then calls the union rep before they call the ambulance. Cops who tackle a professional tennis player in a hotel for no reason. Purge the bad cops and do it publicly and that will help engender greater support. Also the psych exams have to screen out cops who are afraid of the public, and whose tendencies are to engage violently. Screen for inherently insecure peoplee who use the badge to make themselves feel tough. I am done with the topic. Peace out.

Old Today, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Eric couldíve avoided the problem had he not resisted arrest, and Daniel couldíve avoided the problem had he not placed Eric under a chokehold. I donít care if in Brazilian tsing Tao or whatever itís not a chokehold - the medical examiner ruled that yes it was a chokehold.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1SL12V
He did resist arrest. That is true. He also pushed his hand away from officer and backed up. Another factor that led to Eric garner demise is that he has a nasty close to 40 arrest record. Thier was no way for Eric garner to escape poverty and to improve himself with all that criminal record. He also weighed in at 400 pounds. Poor health, poor criminal record background and poor policing led to this man's death.

Old Today, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Police work is very stressful. Cops also go through ptsd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City