U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:03 AM

30 posts, read 1,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Thatís nonsense. The lesson - use less brutal force when itís not called for. In particular on suspects of petty crimes.

As an aside - I just watched the news about a 65 year old female driver (not black). Police stopped her for a broken taillight. The officer gave her a ticket which she refused to sign. However, she took off and the officer caught up with her, shoved her to the ground and tasered her! In her shape she could have died on the spot. It was brutal. If that happened, it could be a repeat of Eric Garner case. And it all started with a broken taillight....
Yes. They should always first try to sit the criminal down and reason with them in a compassionate manner. Sometimes it helps to read them a short childrens book. Sing along nursery rhymes might work too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:11 AM

8,822 posts, read 7,169,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Stupid post.

Fired or not, your job is your job(in which the people pay for...incase you forgot)

That officer didn't do his job correctly and it resulted in a death. Mod Cut, but cry, whine, and threaten to not do your job when held accountable for things.

Can't have it both ways, boss.
I donít get why you people canít get through your heads that you can disagree with mods but canít break the rules. Last warning.

Oh and 5 hours OT already over this, with a lot more on tap for tomorrow. All doing NOTHING, which wonít change until I retire, whereupon youíll be paying me totally free money until I die..

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old Today, 08:49 AM

2,097 posts, read 616,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke of Mastic View Post
Yes. They should always first try to sit the criminal down and reason with them in a compassionate manner. Sometimes it helps to read them a short childrens book. Sing along nursery rhymes might work too.
Please explain how selling untaxed cigarettes is a danger to you and your family.

I'll wait...

Old Today, 09:05 AM

5,632 posts, read 4,384,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Don't nitpick words, the point is he was NOT a violent thug who required the level of restraint they delivered.

They treat ruthless felons like El Chapo with more respect and care than they do non-violent low level offenders.

Why aren't gang leaders wanted on multiple counts of homicide treated like this when they are arrested? Instead they receive the gold standard of elite well trained special ops handlers. Why do they always survive arrests?

Because they donít resist arrest.

Old Today, 09:33 AM

4,003 posts, read 1,029,961 times
Opinion:

It is an affront to confront.

The sooner you learn to respect the law the more empowered your life becomes.

Mr. Eric Garner would be alive today if he just followed simple commands after being
confronted by officers for illegally selling " loosies ". He was known to the officers.
Now his story is being molded into a cop hating minorities headline.

I got clubbed over the head for shooting dice as a kid on a street corner.
A few lumps on the noggin set be darned straight. Head healed and immediately respected the men in blue.
When you get kicked in the arse enough of times if you are smart you eventually learn to move out of the way.
Today an officer will end up in jail if he looks at you the wrong way.........Thanks Bill....this is your doing............

I'm not surprised that the mayor is keeping mum on opinion whether to fire the officer.
He sure as heck had no problem achieving a 40 million dollar award for the Central Park Five.
His political career is over and he doesn't want to jeopardize the remaining 1% of his flailing supporters. For what? Lord knows.

Old Today, 09:36 AM

8,822 posts, read 7,169,625 times
You stole my line!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old Today, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:

It is an affront to confront.

The sooner you learn to respect the law the more empowered your life becomes.

Mr. Eric Garner would be alive today if he just followed simple commands after being
confronted by officers for illegally selling " loosies "
. He was known to the officers.
Now his story is being molded into a cop hating minorities headline.

I got clubbed over the head for shooting dice as a kid on a street corner.
A few lumps on the noggin set be darned straight. Head healed and immediately respected the men in blue.
When you get kicked in the arse enough of times if you are smart you eventually learn to move out of the way.
Today an officer will end up in jail if he looks at you the wrong way.........Thanks Bill....this is your doing............

I'm not surprised that the mayor is keeping mum on opinion whether to fire the officer.
He sure as heck had no problem achieving a 40 million dollar award for the Central Park Five.
His political career is over and he doesn't want to jeopardize the remaining 1% of his flailing supporters. For what? Lord knows.
So true! Itís the equivalent of driving 50 mph over the speed limit and then blaming another car for the accident.

Old Today, 10:00 AM

5,563 posts, read 5,741,940 times
Well, there ya have it--tiki torches and Mob rule usurps the rule of law. This is really no different than a public hanging or tar and feathering someone.

I expect PC O'neil to march lock n step and confirm the firing. What'll be even more interesting is to see what patrol and anti-crime will do from now on with how they deal with resisting arrest procedures. What will be even more interesting to see if Pantelo sues, and for how much, and whether or not he'll be reinstated if he appeals.

Either way, the storm is coming....

Lynch is already telling cops to call their patrol supervisors to the scene first, and then call ESU for additional help. If cops begin doing that, I don't think people understand how many people could be hurt using that procedure and how delayed everything will become. Technically it does follow the patrol guide procedure, but cops have been using short cuts to get to 911 calls faster.

Old Today, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Please explain how selling untaxed cigarettes is a danger to you and your family.

I'll wait...

How would you feel if he sold them to your child?

Old Today, 10:10 AM

5,552 posts, read 5,999,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke of Mastic View Post
They apparently read childrenís books to suspects in all nations where civil rights are respected. It can be done if they want. Or, you can follow Wild West style justice...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City