U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 05:20 PM

8,832 posts, read 7,175,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
DeBlasio had the power to fire that cop.
State law does not allow the mayor to fire civil service employees. Man you’re batting 1000 here.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 08:28 PM

2,742 posts, read 2,302,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
State law does not allow the mayor to fire civil service employees. Man you’re batting 1000 here.
DeBlasios office could have put pressure on O’Neill to fire the bastard sooner, but instead they waited so long that the department of justice had to intervene.

What’s troubling is that you think killing someone for selling loosies is okay. But hey listen - im all for supporting our men and women in blue - but it is corrupt men like these who need to be weeded out. Have you watched, Serpico? Remember the corruption?

The medical examiners report stated “homicide” as a reason of death, and the fact is that the “officer” has a rap sheet of wrongdoing, which includes two lawsuits by civilians who were arrested by him.
Let’s not even mention the brutality Ramsey Orta received in prison from recording the event.

Conservatism is about really thinking for yourself. You’re not doing that by supporting police brutality - in your mind, he’s a cop and so well, he’s done the right thing!

Old 08-03-2019, 09:15 PM

So you only want there to be a legal process for some people to determine punishment, not others. Got it.

You realize that every time someone dies in relation to another persons actions the cause of death is “homicide” right? And that the crime in NY is called murder, not homicide. Ie, there’s a major, major difference. If I responded to your house while someone was stabbing you to death, shot them to try to stop it but you both died, you and the perp would both have “homicide” as your cause of death. Understand?

Again, batting 1000.

You’ve made 3-4 posts now riddled with legal mistakes and you’re telling me I don’t think for myself. Got it. 1000.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-03-2019, 09:30 PM

You know how cops see this one?

We see a barely there fight, 10 times LESS than the ones we’ve all been in before, where the perp unfortunately had major health issues that killed him, being blamed on the cop. So we know that now, it’s a crap shoot if we ever have to fight with a perp that we might get a ticking time bomb unhealthy mess and end up in the same situation. Since I am unwilling to risk that, I will never put my hands on someone again. Meaning if the guy who just robbed you says, “not today,” then its not today because your wallet is not worth my freedom. Same goes for worse crimes. Unless they hurt another cop or a family member of mine, I won’t dare risk losing my job so fools can call me a murderer. Who cares? I’m better protected for NOT doing my job!

Old Yesterday, 06:19 AM

35 posts, read 4,150 times
Quote:
DeBlasios office could have put pressure on O’Neill to fire the bastard sooner, but instead they waited so long that the department of justice had to intervene.

What’s troubling is that you think killing someone for selling loosies is okay. But hey listen - im all for supporting our men and women in blue - but it is corrupt men like these who need to be weeded out. Have you watched, Serpico? Remember the corruption?

The medical examiners report stated “homicide” as a reason of death, and the fact is that the “officer” has a rap sheet of wrongdoing, which includes two lawsuits by civilians who were arrested by him.
Let’s not even mention the brutality Ramsey Orta received in prison from recording the event.

Conservatism is about really thinking for yourself. You’re not doing that by supporting police brutality - in your mind, he’s a cop and so well, he’s done the right thing!
If he ran from the cops and suffered a life ending heart attack during the pursuit, the medical examiner would have still reported it a homicide.

Old Yesterday, 06:28 AM

Why all the support for a career criminal? Time to focus on who is important and who is not. If all this support was focused on the kid from the hood that wants to be a doctor instead of some useless career criminal, there would be a cure for cancer. Progressives are going backwards.

Old Yesterday, 07:09 AM

203 posts, read 45,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Not only that but there’s way too many racially biased incidents happening under them. Case in point Eric Garner. They ignored their training in so many ways that it’s absolutely disgusting. they intentionally target the black/brown community.
Maybe one of these years they will finally get around to going after all those roaming packs of feral white kids running the streets causing so much mayhem with their robbing, raping and killing. Up to now the rein of terror from marauding white teenagers has gone shamefully unpunished because we know how much Blaz loves white kids and covers up for them.

Old Yesterday, 07:15 AM

2,742 posts, read 2,302,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke of Mastic View Post
Why all the support for a career criminal? Time to focus on who is important and who is not. If all this support was focused on the kid from the hood that wants to be a doctor instead of some useless career criminal, there would be a cure for cancer. Progressives are going backwards.
For the record, I am neither a progressive nor a Democrat.

Old Yesterday, 07:32 AM

Quote:
For the record, I am neither a progressive nor a Democrat.
Me neither, but you clearly passionately support career criminals. Meanwhile there are kids out there that grew up underprivileged that just want to be able to make a difference by means of attaining a proper education, but for some odd reason these kids don't fit the agenda, yet Eric Garner does. Focus.

Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM
Status: "Put the Wet Stuff on the Red stuff" (set 15 days ago)

1,428 posts, read 456,710 times
The Judge wants to go beyond what the law dictates? Then he is not being a judge just a politically appointed hack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City