U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-03-2019, 07:39 AM
 
1,675 posts, read 2,363,069 times
Reputation: 580

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Ensure that DSNY employees collects garbage bags that they see while driving even if it is not on their route. Assess hefty fines on people who illegally dump (to include liens on paychecks, bank accounts, property and tax returns).

I see DSNY truck leisurely drive by garbage multiple times and refused to pick it up.
DSNY employee here.... at the end of the day, we just need more people. We have crews who’s job for the day is to pick up randomly dumped litter or garbage , but they’ve been cut down Drasticlly in the past decade. Most crews you see drive by it are definitely on either household collection service or basket service etc... if our household crews stopped for the litter everywhere, buildings garbage would never get picked up. We need to bring back more litter trucks to keep up with the filthy residents who just throw their stuff all over the city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-03-2019, 07:54 AM
 
31 posts, read 19,391 times
Reputation: 76
Truth is that this liberal cesspool of a city doesn't give two sh*ts about sanitation. We have an equipment and personnel shortage. And it's not like the rest of us are milking overtime left and right. They actually cut back on overtime. They cut back on a lot of things tbh. Results are evident. The fleet is dated as are the majority of facilities. We do the best we can with what we are provided, which isn't much. Thankless job for sure. Add in the fact that the city is full of dirty animals. Littering and dumping is normalized. Wish I could do a better job but it's hard to give af when it's quite evident nobody around you does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
276 posts, read 74,494 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I think DSNY is one of the most efficient city agencies we have. Ppl are just dirty.

DSNY should talk to MTA and see how they could help them out, how about that
True! I do think the law of littering should be enforced strictly. As a mayor you can’t possibly drive around the city and see all the dumping and think it’s ok.

As a resident it really annoys my eyes every single day and I have to deal with seeing it in east Flatbush and Flatbush two of most dirtiest neighborhoods in my opinion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
276 posts, read 74,494 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
DSNY employee here.... at the end of the day, we just need more people. We have crews who’s job for the day is to pick up randomly dumped litter or garbage , but they’ve been cut down Drasticlly in the past decade. Most crews you see drive by it are definitely on either household collection service or basket service etc... if our household crews stopped for the litter everywhere, buildings garbage would never get picked up. We need to bring back more litter trucks to keep up with the filthy residents who just throw their stuff all over the city
Whose idea was this to cut people from positions while the city is getting more crowded each and every day?

This is why politics should only be run by locals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
276 posts, read 74,494 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimgarbage View Post
Truth is that this liberal cesspool of a city doesn't give two sh*ts about sanitation. We have an equipment and personnel shortage. And it's not like the rest of us are milking overtime left and right. They actually cut back on overtime. They cut back on a lot of things tbh. Results are evident. The fleet is dated as are the majority of facilities. We do the best we can with what we are provided, which isn't much. Thankless job for sure. Add in the fact that the city is full of dirty animals. Littering and dumping is normalized. Wish I could do a better job but it's hard to give af when it's quite evident nobody around you does.
If it were up to me I’d be hiring a ticket division in the sanitation where there job is to literally patrol streets and hand out summons to anyone that litters.

I’m really against a lot of the ticket methods the city has but I would fully support strict summons on people who litter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
276 posts, read 74,494 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
Not sure but NYC is the filthiest city 3rd world city in the world.
This thread wasn’t made for you to repeat the same nonsense over and over again. And not being sure actually contributes to making the city more filthy.

I guess we are going to have to find a way to issue you some summonses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 09:31 AM
 
1,315 posts, read 1,079,197 times
Reputation: 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveFashion View Post
If it were up to me I’d be hiring a ticket division in the sanitation where there job is to literally patrol streets and hand out summons to anyone that litters.

I’m really against a lot of the ticket methods the city has but I would fully support strict summons on people who litter.
We already have sanition enforcement (similar to traffic agents) and sanitation police (full police).

Sanitation supervisors also can give out summonses.

The city is just too big and we are short staffed to keep up.

Lastly, this is NYC. Of you start giving out tickets properly people will starts claiming these agents and cops are racist and it would stop immediately. The dirtiest neighborhoods are also mostly minority neighborhoods. But you can't say that out loud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Hudson County NJ
706 posts, read 1,185,521 times
Reputation: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveFashion View Post
This thread wasn’t made for you to repeat the same nonsense over and over again. And not being sure actually contributes to making the city more filthy.

I guess we are going to have to find a way to issue you some summonses.
Non sense? Garbage is everywhere. The morning is the worst. It looks like a tornado hit a dumpster. Civic pride is so low that people will just litter and dump everywhere. It’s hard to change people’s mentality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 11:28 AM
 
1,264 posts, read 1,512,109 times
Reputation: 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Ensure that DSNY employees collects garbage bags that they see while driving even if it is not on their route. Assess hefty fines on people who illegally dump (to include liens on paychecks, bank accounts, property and tax returns).

I see DSNY truck leisurely drive by garbage multiple times and refused to pick it up.

Where do you work? Do you walk by your co-workers desk and start doing their work for them? You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Routes are written the way they are for a reason. It's the most efficient way. If trucks were randomly picking stuff up it would be a disaster. Bunch of genius people in the thread. LOL


The filth in the city is a cultural thing. If people weren't slobs things would be a hell of alot better.

Last edited by SanMan2k5; 08-03-2019 at 11:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 11:53 AM
 
467 posts, read 578,569 times
Reputation: 62
the dirty habits of these/some nykers make no-sense..i see people throw garbage out of their car-windows..smh plus some are plain ol lazy..i bet i can imagine their mice & roaches apartments.
another filthy habit is the spitting-esspecially in elevators. no respect-no dignity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top