Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 01:28 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,276,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
It's a tough job. Hypothetically what police conduct to you justifies their termination ? What officer in the last 3 years would you say should have been fired ?
So much hypocrisy going on in this City. Communities of color want the cops to protect them when it is convenient, and when they try to, they have to dot all of their "i"s and cross all of their "t"s, but no comment about the thugs that attack cops or commit crimes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 01:29 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,613,667 times
if cigarettes werent so god dam expensive i bet this whole incident would never have of happened.
im not into this whole case, but he was stopped because of selling cigarettes??????

cigarette? lol

Old 08-19-2019, 01:33 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,572,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
So much hypocrisy going on in this City. Communities of color want the cops to protect them when it is convenient, and when they try to, they have to dot all of their "i"s and cross all of their "t"s, but no comment about the thugs that attack cops or commit crimes...
This gotta be the best comment I seen so far.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:33 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,595,547 times
Airborne, and I mean this in the nicest way, this conversation is not about you and what tough guy thing you want to say you would do. Let's try not to do this anymore where you talk about what you would do in some dramatic heroic fantasy of yours. It's not about you.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:35 PM

111 posts, read 141,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I barely have to lift a finger and I’ll be here ten more years if I so choose, pumping up my pension over $10,000 a month. Nothing anyone can do about it.
Spoken like a true freeloader, well played sir!

Last edited by GriefOneNYC; 08-19-2019 at 01:54 PM..

Old 08-19-2019, 01:37 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,628,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Just saying no one merits a job for Life if you don't want to do it. Do I believe the job is stressful, yes. Do I believe officers deserve excellent pay and benefits, yes. But officers must earn the public trust we give them. If they want to sulk because they are upset and not do their jobs, then they can do something else. It's a booming economy if they are not happy they can move on like every other professional does when unhappy with their profession. Just what I feel. But I also feel bad cops being fired will be better for the good cops that remain. But that's it for me. Take care and if your a cop, be safe, be well paid, and retire well, if your a good cop, you get my prayers of support
Well said

Old 08-19-2019, 01:39 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,572,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
My cost benefit analysis is that union protections mean it is far, far tougher to fire us for doing nothing than the risk of doing something and having the bad luck of running into a walking piece of trash like Garner on his last few days anyway due to health issues.

I barely have to lift a finger and I’ll be here ten more years if I so choose, pumping up my pension over $10,000 a month. Nothing anyone can do about it.
There you go. No one ever show any appreciation when the cops do their job. Is like you doing work every second at work, and the moment you take a one second break, and someone caught you with it, they be like, “oh, you slacking”.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:39 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,595,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Your better then that.

Old 08-19-2019, 02:09 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,233,950 times
Let the criminals run the city. Oh wait they already do. All cops are going to do is give out is fare evasion tickets.

Old 08-19-2019, 02:12 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,628,912 times
Almost everyone, in whatever job they do, is accountable to someone - that's the truth for police officers, barbers, construction workers, bank tellers, deep sea divers. In the private sector, you're out quick for much less (an understatement). Police officers serve the public and if enough of the public is dissatisfied with the job done by a particular officer, they're not going to want them on that job anymore. To me it seems simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City