Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 10:35 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,276,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I try but the stores don't carry some of the things I'm looking for. I get, "oh, we used to have it". "Have you checked Amazon?"
Same here. Stores are no longer carrying some items that I buy so I have to get it online now. I went to THREE Whole Foods stores looking for certain items. Either out of stock or don't carry it anymore, so here I am waiting for my online order from Vitacost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 05:50 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,965,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Well you're assuming that the company would wait so consolidate. Amazon has been trying to push "Amazon Delivery Day" where you pick a day of the week when they send all your orders at once. The shear volume of packing materials used in mail order commerce is colossal, although Amazon is one of the best to minimize. Kohls for example will send you the 5 things in your order in 5 separate boxes on separate days in containers 10 times the size of the item.
Are you kidding? Amazon would put a wine screw in a 12-cube and send it along!

(Amazon also, a few years ago, would wait several days to a week before my order ever even left their warehouse. And many places will send a shipping notice, but this is just to show they perhaps thought about printing a shipping label, and then the tracking won't register movement for a few days after that.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I try but the stores don't carry some of the things I'm looking for. I get, "oh, we used to have it". "Have you checked Amazon?"
Yeah, I was looking for a very small, lightweight item that I've bought in a craft store before. Now, if they carry it at all, it's only sold online. Why on earth would I pay $6+ to ship something small enough that I could fit 5 of them in my pocket?? (and pay more in shipping than the item cost-- or, in this case, I just looked again and the minimum order is 6. I don't need 6! I don't know 5 other people who would want one! FFS)

Old 09-12-2019, 07:29 PM

105 posts, read 90,017 times
Article seems biased. The fair comparison should be accidents caused by these delivery trucks vs accidents caused by regular people driving to purchase these items if delivery wasn't available. Although I agree Amazon should put more pressure on their contractors to have better training on their drivers.

Old 09-16-2019, 02:51 PM

3,570 posts, read 3,755,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Well you're assuming that the company would wait so consolidate. Amazon has been trying to push "Amazon Delivery Day" where you pick a day of the week when they send all your orders at once. The shear volume of packing materials used in mail order commerce is colossal, although Amazon is one of the best to minimize. Kohls for example will send you the 5 things in your order in 5 separate boxes on separate days in containers 10 times the size of the item.
I started using delivery day. I'm fine with that. Most things i don't need in two days. I can still get the products that I want, not carried in local stores; and also with the benefit of being able to check reviews and precise specs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City