U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM

3,659 posts, read 1,428,023 times

Advertisements

My biggest annoyance in the City is the alternate side of the street parking times. Worse you saw the sweeper pass at 8am but since the time let's say on the sign is 930am, you still have to worry about a ticket from the Sanitation police if you park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:32 AM

2,779 posts, read 2,355,502 times
I come out of my apartment exactly when the sweeper comes around, and I see everyone in their vehicles scrambling to return to their previous parking spaces after the sweeper cleans. They all fight every single day to return to the same stupid spot.

Old Yesterday, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I come out of my apartment exactly when the sweeper comes around, and I see everyone in their vehicles scrambling to return to their previous parking spaces after the sweeper cleans. They all fight every single day to return to the same stupid spot.
I would vote for a candidate who promised to do away with this. I have a drive way but on days when I drive to places I face this problem and it sux.

Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM

8,296 posts, read 3,657,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
My biggest annoyance in the City is the alternate side of the street parking times. Worse you saw the sweeper pass at 8am but since the time let's say on the sign is 930am, you still have to worry about a ticket from the Sanitation police if you park.
The City is dirty enough... No reason to get rid of it.

Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
The City is dirty enough... No reason to get rid of it.
Street sweeping is a must. But having a two or three window for the sweeping isn't. Or giving tickets after the sweeper has passed is not needed. Why not have a camera on the sweeper and photograph the car in violation and send them a ticket in the mail.

Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM

2,280 posts, read 679,344 times
Quote:
Street sweeping is a must. But having a two or three window for the sweeping isn't. Or giving tickets after the sweeper has passed is not needed. Why not have a camera on the sweeper and photograph the car in violation and send them a ticket in the mail.
Agreed. I think it's dumb because I am personally out during the street sweeper time and only seen him a handful of times per year. And I don't even own a car but hate him for shooting dust and other crap and I have to run across to the other side of the street. And when it's windy sometimes I have to back up the street completely and head in the opposite direction losing precious time to my destination.

Surely the city can plan better and also come out with more modernized vehicles that don't just spray the crap everywhere and actually contain it and dispose of it properly.

Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM

1,649 posts, read 995,483 times
Quote:
I'd support this.

Over the weekend got my first ticket in a long while over alternate side street parking in Chelsea/19th. Sweeping window was over by 10AM so I found a spot and waited until 9:45 AM before walking off. Came back later to find a ticket printed within that last 15 minutes. F-That.

Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM

9,008 posts, read 7,276,803 times
Traffic!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM

451 posts, read 115,631 times
People clipping their fingernails on the subway
Eating fried chicken on the subway

Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM

275 posts, read 66,681 times
Has anyone else started hearing those cars that sound like lawnmowers; those Honda Civic driving, Tokyo drift type of A-holes that ride around? Lately they have their cars backfiring on purpose with some kind of after-market add-on. They come down the block: BANG BANG BANG. WTF?

That is beginning to irritate me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City