U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-09-2019, 02:30 PM
 
Location: NYC
13,316 posts, read 9,026,512 times
Reputation: 14715

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/thugs-...ey-on-d-train/

Here comes the good old NYC crime. Beat em up and stab em on the NYC subway train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-09-2019, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Confines of the 101 Precinct
20,191 posts, read 35,170,235 times
Reputation: 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/thugs-...ey-on-d-train/

Here comes the good old NYC crime. Beat em up and stab em on the NYC subway train.
:::yawn:::

Call me when this happens at 3:45 PM instead of AM
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2019, 03:34 PM
 
Location: NYC
13,316 posts, read 9,026,512 times
Reputation: 14715
Why would criminals rob a guy in a train during the day. The point is that the element of crime still persists in NYC regardless what time of day.

If you can only go out during the day and around people that means NYC is not safe.

Safe is when these crime doesn't happen at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2019, 03:43 PM
 
9,692 posts, read 9,441,482 times
Reputation: 12300
What's the point of posting random crimes? It's not like they're newsworthy. There will always be crimes, and crime tends to be often cyclical, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2019, 04:00 PM
 
453 posts, read 116,606 times
Reputation: 670
Lucky he is alive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2019, 06:40 PM
 
Location: NYC
13,316 posts, read 9,026,512 times
Reputation: 14715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
What's the point of posting random crimes? It's not like they're newsworthy. There will always be crimes, and crime tends to be often cyclical, anyway.
My point is against all those other posts and deniers that NYC is safe or safer during the day. That is complete nonsense because it's like living in Iraq. When you can only go out during the day so that crime doesn't happen as frequent.

That's because we have the largest police force in the country that mainly works during the day. Of course crime doesn't happen as much during the day! It better not be, if the cops are doing their job.

Now, you go out at night and you get beat up or robbed because criminals mainly come out at night because they know cops aren't around at night.

The bottomline, NYC isn't safe. Criminals are opportunists and they will be out when the cops don't do their job.

I can go to Hong Kong or Tokyo anytime anywhere and never have any fear of robbery or being assaulted and that's SAFE. NYC will never be as safe as those cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2019, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Confines of the 101 Precinct
20,191 posts, read 35,170,235 times
Reputation: 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
My point is against all those other posts and deniers that NYC is safe or safer during the day. That is complete nonsense because it's like living in Iraq. When you can only go out during the day so that crime doesn't happen as frequent.

That's because we have the largest police force in the country that mainly works during the day. Of course crime doesn't happen as much during the day! It better not be, if the cops are doing their job.

Now, you go out at night and you get beat up or robbed because criminals mainly come out at night because they know cops aren't around at night.

The bottomline, NYC isn't safe. Criminals are opportunists and they will be out when the cops don't do their job.

I can go to Hong Kong or Tokyo anytime anywhere and never have any fear of robbery or being assaulted and that's SAFE. NYC will never be as safe as those cities.
I am not afraid to walk any place that censors their porn
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2019, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Confines of the 101 Precinct
20,191 posts, read 35,170,235 times
Reputation: 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Why would criminals rob a guy in a train during the day. The point is that the element of crime still persists in NYC regardless what time of day.

If you can only go out during the day and around people that means NYC is not safe.

Safe is when these crime doesn't happen at all.
Here we go again wit this the sky is falling crap
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2019, 07:17 PM
 
162 posts, read 65,293 times
Reputation: 334
Those pesky transplants are at it again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2019, 07:41 PM
Status: "Debate! Don't ban!!!" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: Between the Bays
10,680 posts, read 8,688,644 times
Reputation: 5155
My friend Clarke visited the NYC forum just this past weekend. Never saw him again. Its dangerous out there in NYC. Be careful everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top