Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 08:24 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,604,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
Notice how now we are seeing armed robberies in Charleston, SI and in the nicer parts of eastern Queens and southwest Brooklyn. The next crime wave is brewing under deBlasio. Intentionally lax policing as well as bail 'reform' will be the cause of this crime wave. The end of cash bail is solely designed to get criminals back on the street so they can commit more violent crimes and destabilize otherwise stable neighborhoods.
Progressives fail to accept that many criminals simply cannot be rehabbed and better be locked up or they will simply die from shootouts or killed by other criminals. Some criminals have said that jails are a safe haven for them or they will get killed on the streets. Now if you take away cash bail or decriminalize many offenses. More criminals will be out on the street and it becomes a menace to society. We will have more criminals roaming the burbs and other parts.

We're seeing many theft rings and robbery suspects now in NJ more because it's easy but they don't realize that many NJ towns have very active police patrols of banks and commercial areas. A lot of criminals are now quickly chased and apprehended in the burbs than in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 09:04 AM

18,952 posts, read 13,838,201 times
NJ police are still very proactive, especially on the highways and local routes. I am a member of a few NJ online cop groups. They don’t play when it comes to proactive enforcement. They have political support still to do it. The people in those towns WANT aggressive policing, unlike here.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-10-2019, 10:13 AM

12,751 posts, read 8,221,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Here goes another one who thinks it will really get that bad again

U guys must be scared to death walking outside nowadays
Well if you ride the A train as much as you claim you do, you can see how run down the subway cars are. Fewer homeless in the cars of late, but then again I have curtailed my usage substantially. Delays are ridiculous.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:48 AM

33,866 posts, read 47,070,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Well if you ride the A train as much as you claim you do, you can see how run down the subway cars are.
The A train just started getting these new cars about 2-3 months ago:

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-10-2019, 10:50 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,605,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
NJ police are still very proactive, especially on the highways and local routes. I am a member of a few NJ online cop groups. They don’t play when it comes to proactive enforcement. They have political support still to do it. The people in those towns WANT aggressive policing, unlike here.

Except for posters on r/Jerseycity.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
The A train just started getting these new cars about 2-3 months ago:
I know, but I've only rode one of them twice tops. They aren't that common just yet... I think the C has new ones though.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I know, but I've only rode one of them twice tops. They aren't that common just yet... I think the C has new ones though.
Majority of the C trains are new

I catch a "new" A train about maybe 2-3 times a week out of 10 trips.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Majority of the C trains are new

I catch a "new" A train about maybe 2-3 times a week out of 10 trips.
You have more luck with them than me...

Old 09-10-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
You have more luck with them than me...
It's really not luck, I take that train every day

Old 09-10-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
It's really not luck, I take that train every day
I think they are out earlier though. I don't use the subway much, but when I do it tends to be in the evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City