U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 03:03 PM

21,601 posts, read 14,326,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Iíve also noticed they either donít shoot to kill or are bad shots. Thereís only been 3 homicides in East Harlem this year, but there have been over 30 shootings according to NYPD stats. Needless to say, if the problem is prevalent among the youth, good luck with the theory that East Harlem will be heaven in 3 years. In 3 years a lot of these 14-year-old shooters will be 17-year-old shooters.

They need to invest in more community spaces in East Harlem. The neighborhood cannot be policed more than it already is, yet itís still bad.

Also, East River Houses on E 102 - 105 is arguably worse than even most areas north of 116. Theyíve raided those projects at least twice and itís still a hotbed for gangs (one of the three homicides this year happened there).
What did you expect?

Bunch of young and dumb hot heads that get a piece off some eegit in hood, or go down south themselves. Either way it ain't like their down in the basement with a padded wall doing practice.

Most any of em know is how to lock and load, then point and hope for the best. Young (and often scared) thug trying to be a big shot with a gun.

This is why there are so many innocent bystanders shot not just in NYC, Jersey, Chicago, etc..... These eegits couldn't hit the side of a barn , but they know they've got a buzzer so they're real tough guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 05:39 PM

4,707 posts, read 4,172,207 times
Wagner is the worst as well. When the Acacia Houses were constructed on them I wished everyone who applied to em luck. Acacia is actually not bad from the outside

Old 09-12-2019, 11:37 AM

21,766 posts, read 28,843,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
LOL... Why Dominican on the LES?? Puerto Rican you mean?? Still some spots...

Oops, I got my dates mixed, yesterday was Indian Buffet in Astoria. Namaste on 30th Ave...so, so.

Walking tour of LES is 9/25.
Why Dominican? Because the group decided to treat me to lunch and they said Dominican. I don't haggle about a free lunch.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:47 AM

21,766 posts, read 28,843,623 times
I'd have big issues with that neighborhood. (area bounded by Park, Lex, 103rd, and 105th )

Old 09-12-2019, 01:07 PM

8,337 posts, read 3,689,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Oops, I got my dates mixed, yesterday was Indian Buffet in Astoria. Namaste on 30th Ave...so, so.

Why Dominican? Because the group decided to treat me to lunch and they said Dominican. I don't haggle about a free lunch.
LMAO!!

Old 09-12-2019, 01:48 PM

4,707 posts, read 4,172,207 times
Quote:

me either... I say ďYou treatin? Iím eatin.Ē

fu** all that

Old 09-13-2019, 06:04 PM

131 posts, read 33,699 times
East Harlem is still bad yes , like with all other Nyc it’s was much worse years ago but it still has some of the highest crime for New York period , it’s likely in the top 5 . A lot of people got shot on 102nd and 103rd this past couple of months but it was more on 3rd avenue and east of it . Most of the neighborhood is **** tho cuz of the extreme amount of housing projects , it’s basically Brownsville lmao it’s just that’s in manhattan that makes it better

Old 09-13-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
LOL... Why Dominican on the LES?? Puerto Rican you mean?? Still some spots...
yea lower east side has always had more Puerto Rican but thereís many Dominicans there now . Dominicans often move places that are heavily rican like bushwick , probably because of the similarity of our culture to thereís . Many people in New York are both Rican and Dominican

Quote:
I am doing a walking tour of the Lower East Side tomorrow followed by a nice Dominican Lunch somewhere???
The very best place for you to go for Hispanic food in the Lower is Casa Adela On Avenue C and 5th street. Itís Puerto Rican place and very very good

Old 09-13-2019, 06:21 PM

719 posts, read 1,200,185 times
East harlem was improving somewhat rapidly during the end of Bloomberg years but recently there has been a lot more crime and QOL issues. Its hard to believe that you’re in manhattan when in fact it feels more like the Bronx.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
East harlem was improving somewhat rapidly during the end of Bloomberg years but recently there has been a lot more crime and QOL issues. Its hard to believe that youíre in manhattan when in fact it feels more like the Bronx.
Yea I think Harlem in general feels like the Bronx even tho itís manhattan, quite crazy . But thereís been improvements in all sections
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City