Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 12:18 PM

4,194 posts, read 4,075,994 times

Advertisements

He's doing time for pulling the knife (and using it) when he was about to be assaulted. Fourteen years seems like a relatively light sentence. The kid will still be a young man when he gets out in 14 years or sooner and the deceased will never attempt to punch anyone ever again. Seems like a fair deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 12:55 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,187,363 times
Fool! He should have gone with a jury instead of trial by judge.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:12 PM

1,486 posts, read 987,211 times
It is what it is. Some people can take it and grow a thick skin and some people just snap when it fills the bucket.

The guy was bullied for years by classmates and finally he finally snapped. Where were the teachers, administration, and bully's parents to stop this before it escalated into a death "bully" or suicide "murderer" because there is only so much one can take before they kill someone or kill themselves.

Being on the receiving end of bullying myself in Elementary when i was a fresh off the boat immigrant i had to endure allot of sh*t form the harmless stuff like name calling, to throwing my clothes and sneakers up on the basketball rim during gym class, gum in my hair in Assembly, even being pushed down steps multiple times, just because i had an accent. It wasn't until i beat someone ass in the lunchroom for taking my chocolate milk they then stopped messing with me. Got a 5 day suspension, my mom had to come in and talk with the teachers and their parents in which my mom stood up for me, I attended peer remediation, and from that day i wasn't messed with. They just moved on to the Indian kids who wouldn't fight back.

So no sympathy for the bully, he should have called it quits and stop messing with people because i doubt he was the only one doing the bullying but he sure was the one to get the full consequence when the guy snapped. I bet the others that bullied him wont be bullying anyone else in the future.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:46 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,170,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
14 years is a bargain baby
What kind of bargain? In an adult prison, he'll be a- uh, I better not say.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:01 PM

5,132 posts, read 4,481,127 times
It’s hard to have sympathy for the dead guy. He went looking for trouble and he found it.

Old 09-12-2019, 03:57 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,074,137 times
It's not like the world lost an Einstein, Mozart, Tesla, etc by the kid dying. Let's keep it real!

Old 09-12-2019, 06:18 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,878,381 times
This is why I am not having kids. Defend yourself from a bully and get put in jail. If I went to public school this could have just as easily been me. Some kid tries to hustle me I took martial arts I karate chop him in the carotid artery, he has a pre-existing condition and dies on the spot. I go to jail at age 14 for defending myself.

What a country we live in. This is why if someone screams for help in an altercation I would probably keep walking and just call the cops. Too litigious and no good deed goes unpunished. The Judge always expects you to walk away no matter what. But in school you can't walk away. All you can do is go to an underpaid incompetent teacher and be seen as a snitch. A good child in the ghetto has no chance. He'll inevitably be forced to fight and go to juvie if not adult prison, get out get a girl pregnant and start the cycle over again.

These kids are born into prisons. The streets are filled with psychotics and lunatics, the schools are bona fides mini trap houses and an entry level detention center preparing them for their future behind bars.

Rant over!

Old 09-12-2019, 06:41 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,074,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
This is why I am not having kids. Defend yourself from a bully and get put in jail. If I went to public school this could have just as easily been me. Some kid tries to hustle me I took martial arts I karate chop him in the carotid artery, he has a pre-existing condition and dies on the spot. I go to jail at age 14 for defending myself.

What a country we live in. This is why if someone screams for help in an altercation I would probably keep walking and just call the cops. Too litigious and no good deed goes unpunished. The Judge always expects you to walk away no matter what. But in school you can't walk away. All you can do is go to an underpaid incompetent teacher and be seen as a snitch. A good child in the ghetto has no chance. He'll inevitably be forced to fight and go to juvie if not adult prison, get out get a girl pregnant and start the cycle over again.

These kids are born into prisons. The streets are filled with psychotics and lunatics, the schools are bona fides mini trap houses and an entry level detention center preparing them for their future behind bars.

Rant over!
Rant of the year. Very good points!

Old 09-12-2019, 03:18 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,873,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
It is what it is. Some people can take it and grow a thick skin and some people just snap when it fills the bucket.

The guy was bullied for years by classmates and finally he finally snapped. Where were the teachers, administration, and bully's parents to stop this before it escalated into a death "bully" or suicide "murderer" because there is only so much one can take before they kill someone or kill themselves.

Being on the receiving end of bullying myself in Elementary when i was a fresh off the boat immigrant i had to endure allot of sh*t form the harmless stuff like name calling, to throwing my clothes and sneakers up on the basketball rim during gym class, gum in my hair in Assembly, even being pushed down steps multiple times, just because i had an accent. It wasn't until i beat someone ass in the lunchroom for taking my chocolate milk they then stopped messing with me. Got a 5 day suspension, my mom had to come in and talk with the teachers and their parents in which my mom stood up for me, I attended peer remediation, and from that day i wasn't messed with. They just moved on to the Indian kids who wouldn't fight back.

So no sympathy for the bully, he should have called it quits and stop messing with people because i doubt he was the only one doing the bullying but he sure was the one to get the full consequence when the guy snapped. I bet the others that bullied him wont be bullying anyone else in the future.
I gave rep

Old 09-13-2019, 07:40 PM

21 posts, read 12,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Rant of the year. Very good points!
Judge had denied his self defense claim as he never interacted with the kids before the day of the crime. The problem was the D.O.E, especially its principal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City