U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM

185 posts, read 118,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinNY View Post
Before clicking this article I was playing that game called "guess that race" I was right again. All of my tenant problems and eviction was people that look like her. Never again will I rent to people that look like that. I dont care if they have a perfect credit score, with a 7 figure income along with a 7 figure assets.
I screen and discriminate hard.

Are you serious right now? That's the most racist thing I've ever seen on this forum. There are plenty of white people that are horrible tenants as well. How dare you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM

9,700 posts, read 9,459,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyaxe View Post
is it easier to evict a month to month tenant (staying after lease is over) or a tenant on a lease in NYC?
It's easier to vet your tenants thoroughly and choose carefully, so that you never have to evict anyone.

Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM

46 posts, read 11,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCareerGuy View Post
Have you ever been caught or suspected of doing this? In the case that you do, how will you defend your approach?

I get a broker to charge the tenant 15% of the yearly fee. If they refuse to pay or try to go around the broker to contact me then I dont want them as a tenant. And guess which race try to go around the broker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanW127 View Post
Are you serious right now? That's the most racist thing I've ever seen on this forum. There are plenty of white people that are horrible tenants as well. How dare you?

Yes I'm dead serious. Back when I wasn't discriminating is when I ran into problems. How dare I what? I'm speaking from experience, they're the only animals that trash my place completely after I evict them.

Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM

4,325 posts, read 1,137,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Yeah it's the same deal for both. The key number is 30 days. If someone is living in your space for 30 days, then in New York City you lose your constitutional rights to property. The person, regardless of any payment to you, gains rights to stay on your property until you get a formal court judgement to evict them. Under the most recent laws, a tenant can pretend to 'search' for 12 months for a new apartment at which time they cannot be legally evicted even while not paying any rent. So if the deadbeat tenant is a real moocher, you're looking at about 1.5 years of being victimized without rent and there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT (unless of course you're willing to go the street justice route)

Opinion:
Great answer Blake.
Landlord for over 20 years. Cashed out.
There is nothing more risky than owning a rental property in New York.
( I'm talking about those on the lower rungs of income unlike the Richie Rich types )
The laws are not their to protect but rather offend the land owner.
If you must own rental property increase your chances of survival by renting to family or extended family only.

Cashed out a few years ago after noticing the dead beats flooding the rental pool.
Just the type of voters this city wants.........................Gotta Love it................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or