U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 04:36 PM

10,721 posts, read 8,707,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
On every thread lately you seem to be telling people to buy. Just because you plan on buying in the next year does not mean everyone cares to buy. I will never buy, I like the renting life and not being tied down. I lived in some fantastic places and some not so but I wouldn't trade any of it to be locked into one apt for the rest of my life. **** mine as well just pack up and move to the burbs then
You realize that what you buy can perhaps also be sold. No?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 05:10 PM

6,516 posts, read 6,039,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirlMastic Beach View Post
So every year or 2 I'm gonna buy and sell

You do realize not everyone wants to buy!

Old 09-13-2019, 05:13 PM

8,453 posts, read 5,506,998 times
Quote:
On every thread lately you seem to be telling people to buy. Just because you plan on buying in the next year does not mean everyone cares to buy. I will never buy, I like the renting life and not being tied down. I lived in some fantastic places and some not so but I wouldn't trade any of it to be locked into one apt for the rest of my life. **** mine as well just pack up and move to the burbs then
If you don't want to buy then don't buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirlMastic Beach View Post
Or you can rent it and make $$$.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
So every year or 2 I'm gonna buy and sell

You do realize not everyone wants to buy!
You move every 2 years? What apts are you renting?

Old 09-13-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
You move every 2 years? What apts are you renting?
Some of us like change and living in different places.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Some of us like change and living in different places.
Have you tried traveling (domestically or internationally)? Moving around in NYC is not really a different place or that big of a change. You are still in NYC.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Have you tried traveling (domestically or internationally)? Moving around in NYC is not really a different place or that big of a change. You are still in NYC.
I travel both domestically and internationally and I lived in other places besides NYC.
However you are very wrong when you say it's not a big change living in different neighborhoods here. As someone who has lived in over 20, I have the first hand knowledge.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:43 PM

21,580 posts, read 14,309,970 times
Don't have a dog in this fight but will say until rather recently people did pack up and move around city every year, two or so. It wasn't a huge deal.

Back in the day (say until 1980's or maybe early 1990's) when finding a RS unit at reasonable rent wasn't a huge deal, people moved when their leases were up for many reasons. Things like wanting a change of neighborhoods/areas, found a better apartment (bonus if rent was cheaper or same), didn't like neighbors, etc....

Plenty of middle aged, senior and elderly are locked into their current apartments because they cannot find anything else RS better (or what they want) for same or less rent.

Many of these people have been in their apartments for 20, 30 or more years and quite frankly have paid the price for that long term tenancy. Had they wanted to make that move decades ago they likely would have found something, now they cannot so that is that.

Old 09-15-2019, 11:45 PM

4,707 posts, read 4,167,470 times
The fact that Mott Haven now has a bagel store and a good legit wine shop says that 138th is a changin. It’s only a matter of time til 149th follow suit. They need to propose a rezoning from river to river and deratchetfy 149th. the Bronx needs big name businesses to set up shop

Old 09-16-2019, 06:04 AM

113 posts, read 20,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
The fact that Mott Haven now has a bagel store and a good legit wine shop says that 138th is a changin. Itís only a matter of time til 149th follow suit. They need to propose a rezoning from river to river and deratchetfy 149th. the Bronx needs big name businesses to set up shop

LOL 'deratchetfy', but you're right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or