U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:22 AM

4,692 posts, read 4,155,795 times

Advertisements

Signage is up with location looking like it will open up shortly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:10 AM

8,515 posts, read 20,545,924 times
Is this serious? Posting about a Starbuck's opening ? In 2019 ?

Old Yesterday, 05:28 AM

8,413 posts, read 5,486,972 times
Oh ****...it's a wrap for the South Bronx... Lean back Fat Joe and the Terror Squad, sit that big booty down JLO, Starbucks is coming..

The real ramp up of gentrification is on its way.

Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM

685 posts, read 241,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Is this serious? Posting about a Starbuck's opening ? In 2019 ?
Its not really about a Starbucks opening in 2019....its about where its being opened. 149 and 3rd avenue is about as ghetto, ratchet, trashy, and hood as you can get. Slap a Starbucks there and BAM!!!! make way for gentrification and see how the area improves in QOL.

Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM

4,692 posts, read 4,155,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Its not really about a Starbucks opening in 2019....its about where its being opened. 149 and 3rd avenue is about as ghetto, ratchet, trashy, and hood as you can get. Slap a Starbucks there and BAM!!!! make way for gentrification and see how the area improves in QOL.
ding!

Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM

8,413 posts, read 5,486,972 times
Quote:
It is what it is. If the current occupants want it to be ghetto, ratchet, and trashy forever then they should BUY their apts.

Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM

3,207 posts, read 6,389,036 times
The Opera House Hotel has been in that neighborhood for a minute!

Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM

8,515 posts, read 20,545,924 times
Quote:
Its not really about a Starbucks opening in 2019...…….its about where its being opened. 149 and 3rd avenue is about as ghetto, ratchet, trashy, and hood as you can get. Slap a Starbucks there and BAM!!!! make way for gentrification and see how the area improves in QOL.
Well, Starbucks didn't do much to gentrify Fordham Rd which is much the same as The Hub in every respect.
I think Starbucks has been on Fordham Rd for 5 or 6 years. It's done zilch.

I think the days of Starbucks being any kind of a barometer of gentrification ended years ago.

Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM

716 posts, read 1,197,664 times
Starbucks no longer has the prestige that it did in the 90s. It’s still overpriced but at the same time it’s a social oasis where you can charge your phone and use the bathroom all day without having to buy anything. There is a Starbucks on 32nd st and the bathroom smells horrible and has smudged graffiti spots. Homeless and the emotionally disturbed are often there and are told by employees to get lost. I’m sure the same will occur at this new location.

Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM

20,213 posts, read 35,188,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Well, Starbucks didn't do much to gentrify Fordham Rd which is much the same as The Hub in every respect.
I think Starbucks has been on Fordham Rd for 5 or 6 years. It's done zilch.

I think the days of Starbucks being any kind of a barometer of gentrification ended years ago.
Starbucks has been on 161st for a few years now as well

I'll admit, I don't have much of a fascination with Bronx gentrification as I once did, I'll regain interest once the waterfront properties are 100% occupied.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or