U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 04:30 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,561,091 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2019/09/12/carl-i...ike-it-or-not/

NYC/S had better start thinking about drastic tax cuts, before they lose the taxpayers who pay the most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 04:43 PM

13,019 posts, read 6,690,942 times
Carl Icahn is offering a pretty sweet deal to his employees., to include a $50,000 relocation bonus! I'd take it in a heartbeat!

Old 09-12-2019, 04:45 PM

8,516 posts, read 20,556,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
https://nypost.com/2019/09/12/carl-i...ike-it-or-not/

NYC/S had better start thinking about drastic tax cuts, before they lose the taxpayers who pay the most.
Icahn made it clear why he wanted to move to Miami....and thus move his offices with him.
He said he is 83 and wants a slower pace year round. In other words he is retiring.
No mention at all was made about high taxes or cost of living in NYC as a reason.

So why are you making it sound like that's the reason?

Agenda much?

Old 09-12-2019, 04:57 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,561,091 times
If he's moving his company, it doesn't sound like he's retiring.

In any case, that's a huge tax bill that NYC/S won't be collecting. Add to that the highly paid employees he's moving down there.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
If he's moving his company, it doesn't sound like he's retiring.

In any case, that's a huge tax bill that NYC/S won't be collecting. Add to that the highly paid employees he's moving down there.
Right,all 20 of them.

He obviously feels...and probably rightly so.. that he has to stay in control of his company but wants a warmer, casual climate year round.

He said "After spending my entire career in New York, while I certainly do not wish to retire, I’ve decided that at this point in my life I’d like to enjoy a warmer climate and a more casual pace year-round ”
Sounds like he is more over NY Winters than NY taxes.
You are projecting your sentiments onto him and trying to use him to push your agenda when he never said anything about taxes.
You just made that angle up.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:29 PM

3,592 posts, read 3,426,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Icahn made it clear why he wanted to move to Miami....and thus move his offices with him.
He said he is 83 and wants a slower pace year round. In other words he is retiring.
No mention at all was made about high taxes or cost of living in NYC as a reason.

So why are you making it sound like that's the reason?

Agenda much?
Mr bluedog, I know you are much more intelligent than how your comments reflect here... you are just playing dumb on this hard to accept reality, arenít you...

otherwise, how much longer are you planning to serve the dwindling nyc public school system? I honestly think that your service to kids in the ghetto over several decades should be recognized and honored as much as many of the US military personnel...send me a PM on your retirement day and I am more than willing to buy you a drink to celebrate

Old 09-12-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Mr bluedog, I know you are much more intelligent than how your comments reflect here... you are just playing dumb on this hard to accept reality, aren’t you...

otherwise, how much longer are you planning to serve the dwindling nyc public school system? I honestly think that your service to kids in the ghetto over several decades should be recognized and honored as much as many of the US military personnel...send me a PM on your retirement day and I am more than willing to buy you a drink to celebrate
Icahn is very outspoken and is a fierce ally of D Trump. Do you think he would pass up the opportunity to blast DeBlasio and NY/NYC taxes if that were the reason he is moving to Miami ? I don't.
I take him at his word.

This is my last year. I'll message you when it's over.. And no,I am not moving to Miami.Maybe Bronxville....it too has a slower pace year round.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:50 PM

3,592 posts, read 3,426,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Icahn is very outspoken and is a fierce ally of D Trump. Do you think he would pass up the opportunity to blast DeBlasio and NY/NYC taxes if that were the reason he is moving to Miami ? I don't.
I take him at his word.

This is my last year. I'll message you when it's over.. And no,I am not moving to Miami.Maybe Bronxville....it too has a slower pace year round.

happy that it is coming to an end...will be interesting to hear your stories how you skillfully dodged those stray bullets or flying knives in or outside the classrooms over the decades...that is why I thought that your service is as significant as the military counterparts...

Old 09-12-2019, 05:56 PM

37,546 posts, read 46,308,462 times
Whether you are a fan of Rush Limbaugh or not, you should hear the saga of his shift from NYC to Florida, which I happened to hear on the radio. He moved many years ago, not because of the high taxes, which he could afford to pay, and did pay, but because of the constant auditing and harassment by those who didn’t share his political views.

The auditing and harassment did not end when he shifted his business to FL. It continued every year thereafter. Despite the records provided to New York, they would not admit that he did not owe the state money. To this day, he will not ever earn a dime in New York, he might appear there, but not for payment. It is New York’s loss.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:56 PM

20,226 posts, read 35,221,092 times
Call me when the Yankees move

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City