U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 10:04 PM

6,508 posts, read 6,036,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Who?
Who cares if you know who she is or not. Ya'll are getting to be a-holes about people being victims of crimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 10:13 PM

21,560 posts, read 14,299,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Who cares if you know who she is or not. Ya'll are getting to be a-holes about people being victims of crimes.
First, it's kind of hard to get worked up over something or someone if you don't know what is what.

Second, in case you've missed the memo this is NYC; there aren't enough hours in day to get bothered about every single crime or whatever in NYC, or even just Manhattan.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:19 PM

6,508 posts, read 6,036,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
First, it's kind of hard to get worked up over something or someone if you don't know what is what.

Second, in case you've missed the memo this is NYC; there aren't enough hours in day to get bothered about every single crime or whatever in NYC, or even just Manhattan.
Never said you had to get worked up over it but a lot of people on this board lack any sort of empathy or compassion. I'm starting to believe its a board of a bunch of sociopaths

Old 09-13-2019, 10:23 PM

6,553 posts, read 6,580,908 times
I never heard of her. Is Sloppy Jane a restaurant?

Old 09-13-2019, 10:34 PM
PVW

33 posts, read 9,888 times
"I’ve gotten in a lot of arguments with friends during my adult life, about walking alone at night and how I shouldn’t do it. I have always said that I think women having to live in fear is what stops them from having crazy and great stories and seeing things that lead to creative innovation and that I’m going to walk where and when it makes sense and that if anything ever happened to me, it would be a fair trade for all the things I gained from years spent not being afraid. Big I-told-you-so from me is that: I stand by that firmly, and with my entire heart."

This is something I have seen more and more, and it makes no sense. Common sense precautions are rejected in the name of empowerment.

The New York Times had a piece about this type of thing some time ago, women traveling by themselves in areas that have been known to be hostile to westerners and especially women, but they do it anyway. Then when something horrible happens, all they can say is well, I am glad I had the experience I did of empowering myself, and so I have no regrets.

Is it about devotion to an ideology "uber alles" that prevents them from exercising typical caution and using common sense? It sure seems so.

Last edited by PVW; 09-13-2019 at 10:43 PM..

Old 09-14-2019, 03:48 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,296,698 times
hope they catch the ghetto Savage that did this and I hope she brings awareness to the area with her "following"

Old 09-14-2019, 07:00 AM

8,450 posts, read 5,502,506 times
Whoa, that music is HOT trash!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=eUqhnyedUfc

Old 09-14-2019, 07:21 AM

42 posts, read 11,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Not for nothing, but that location is in the middle of the projects, and those projects have always been shaky

What kind race lives in those projects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
That's not East Williamsburg either. It's Williamsburg actually.

Isn't that area totally gentrified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Chicago did that and now look at it....

You can't compare Chicago to NYC. As of now Chicago has more shootings ever than any city in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
hope they catch the ghetto Savage that did this and I hope she brings awareness to the area with her "following"

Hope they give the full description of the perp and spreading awareness is always good.

Old 09-14-2019, 07:47 AM

9,030 posts, read 7,292,665 times
That girl sounds annoying as hell.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-14-2019, 07:54 AM

9,030 posts, read 7,292,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
That was so terrible.

Terrible.

What the hell was I thinking watching that?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City