U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM

1 posts, read 121 times

Advertisements

How does a white guy new to the Bronx hookup with Dominican/Mexican/P.R./Hispanic men without having to go to a bar or club. There are Dominican's all over my new neighborhood and they can't all be 100% straight. Where do the D.L. and Bi men go around here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM

9,029 posts, read 7,292,665 times
Interesting first post. Monitoring...

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM

8,320 posts, read 3,678,971 times
I think there was some article out about how the Bronx has a substantial amount of gay men, and only about 10% or so of the population is white, so obviously that means that you have plenty men of color that are gay or bi, but apparently closeted. I've never given it much thought until I saw the article and to be honest I was rather surprised. I have no idea what area you are in, but a place like the South Bronx would be an example. Inwood and Washington Heights stands out to me as well. I get the impression that most men are discreet about it in those areas, but there seems to be at least one or two bars that look to host gay men in that area. My girlfriend is Dominican and goes up to Inwood or the Heights to hang out sometimes. Given how wild the party scene is regardless of sexuality up there, I'm sure people regardless of sexual orientation find places to go.

Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Interesting first post. Monitoring...
Yeah I thought so too.... Very interesting...

Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM

8,450 posts, read 5,502,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I think there was some article out about how the Bronx has a substantial amount of gay men, and only about 10% or so of the population is white, so obviously that means that you have plenty men of color that are gay or bi, but apparently closeted. I've never given it much thought until I saw the article and to be honest I was rather surprised. I have no idea what area you are in, but a place like the South Bronx would be an example. Inwood and Washington Heights stands out to me as well. I get the impression that most men are discreet about it in those areas, but there seems to be at least one or two bars that look to host gay men in that area. My girlfriend is Dominican and goes up to Inwood or the Heights to hang out sometimes. Given how wild the party scene is regardless of sexuality up there, I'm sure people regardless of sexual orientation find places to go.
The machismo culture will make a good amount to be in the closet. It's not something that is embraced openly in the latino community. The Fresh of the Boats immigrants are EXTREMELY against it. If you dress nice or are a pretty boy you might be mistakenly labeled as one.

Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The machismo culture will make a good amount to be in the closet. It's not something that is embraced openly in the latino community. The Fresh of the Boats immigrants are EXTREMELY against it. If you dress nice or are a pretty boy you might be mistakenly labeled as one.
LMAO... Listen when I lived in Italy I was SHOCKED at how many gay guys there were. I even saw an Arab and black African guy holding hands one day either in Rome or Florence I forget which one, and plenty of Italian guys are gay too. lol I say this as someone who was not exposed to the lifestyle. I was still in college at the time so I was like whoa! In fact the first time ever I was hit on was when I was living over there. Growing up Catholic (though never really a devoted Catholic, I never expected to see some of the things I saw living there). I had a few Lesbian friends in high school and college, so I guess my stance was well let them do their thing, but I never really thought about it outside of that.

All of the so called "macho" countries have plenty of gay men, Spain especially (lol) and France too, so that's why I laugh now when I hear about this macho nonsense. That isn't to say that you don't have plenty of machismo, but I think part of that is all an act. When you have some that go to such strides to show how manly they are, there is usually a reason for that. I have plenty of Hispanic friends. From what I hear, PR, DR and the other Caribbean countries have plenty of gay guys there, but they just aren't out and about with it overall. Out of sight out of mind.

Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM

21,560 posts, read 14,299,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanBX View Post
How does a white guy new to the Bronx hookup with Dominican/Mexican/P.R./Hispanic men without having to go to a bar or club. There are Dominican's all over my new neighborhood and they can't all be 100% straight. Where do the D.L. and Bi men go around here?
This thread is not going to end well, of that I promise you.

Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM

2,172 posts, read 671,871 times
Manhattan has gay spots that people from all over NYC ggo, including Latinos. Brooklyn also has bars that either explicitly gay as well as general "*****" spots as the hipsters call the.
I'm not gay but those are things that I have noticed

Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
This thread is not going to end well, of that I promise you.
I wonder if he moved there just to hook up with Latino men. Sounds like the guy has some sort of fetish. That's what I thought when I read the post.

Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM

8,516 posts, read 20,556,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanBX View Post
There are apps for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or