U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM

8,332 posts, read 3,682,573 times

Advertisements

Surprise surprise...

https://www.welcome2thebronx.com/201...j5EpXzxInZ8QHg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM

690 posts, read 244,090 times
Nice clickbait.

Things that cannot be avoided in a restaurant are mice and roaches. The constant in and out of customers, having doors open, food constantly around will attract unwanted critters. If residents want to live in fear of dining out then they should cook their own damn food....1 it will save them money, 2 it wont end up tasting like it was cooked without seasoning.

Despite living on a high floor away from the street level, far apartment away from the trash chute, wiping down all kitchen surfaces with Clorox wipes after cooking and remove all trash out of the apartment nightly I have seen 1 baby roach since the year began who happily met the end of a shoe. Roaches will get in, its unavoidable so I can imagine the nightmares restaurants go through being on the ground floor, scrap food pieces all around, and dumpsters out back.

With that being said how is it that the my ghetto trashy south Bronx neighborhood have a lower B/C rating than nose in the air upper class Riverdale?

Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM

4,333 posts, read 1,139,460 times
Opinion:

I blame the potato chips.................

Old Today, 05:48 AM

2,792 posts, read 2,878,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Nice clickbait.

Things that cannot be avoided in a restaurant are mice and roaches. The constant in and out of customers, having doors open, food constantly around will attract unwanted critters. If residents want to live in fear of dining out then they should cook their own damn food....1 it will save them money, 2 it wont end up tasting like it was cooked without seasoning.

Despite living on a high floor away from the street level, far apartment away from the trash chute, wiping down all kitchen surfaces with Clorox wipes after cooking and remove all trash out of the apartment nightly I have seen 1 baby roach since the year began who happily met the end of a shoe. Roaches will get in, its unavoidable so I can imagine the nightmares restaurants go through being on the ground floor, scrap food pieces all around, and dumpsters out back.

With that being said how is it that the my ghetto trashy south Bronx neighborhood have a lower B/C rating than nose in the air upper class Riverdale?
I have never seen a roach in my apartment and I don't use bleach unless something is stained, ever. You don't need bleach and its toxic to you.

Old Today, 06:20 AM

21,766 posts, read 28,830,683 times
I put tiny amounts of roach GEL BAIT into the plastic caps from 1/2& 1/2 containers and put them into corners in kitchen and on kitchen shelves, under fridge and stove, and same in bathroom. Every month or so I mist them all (or at least the ones I can find) with a tiny spray bottle. Not a single roach in 2019. One adult female in 2018 that I missed as she ran across my cluttered desktop, but I assume she ate a "snack" from one of the traps and bid this life adieu.

What in Heavens name would one expect BLEACH to do?

Old Today, 09:08 AM

2,256 posts, read 1,055,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post

lol. I'm sayin. I've heard of boric acid but...bleach?!

Old Today, 09:50 AM

690 posts, read 244,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
I have never seen a roach in my apartment and I don't use bleach unless something is stained, ever. You don't need bleach and its toxic to you.
All it takes is 1 nasty neighbor to spray roach spray or get the exterminator and the roaches will scatter to nearby places until its safe to return. Perfect place is the pipes that enter through the wall in the kitchen under the sink, bathroom and the pipes for the heating radiators. I have friends who constantly boast they don't have roaches but they will never say why or how. Visit their place and instantly notice they have things higher on the food chain that keep the roaches in check like ants, spiders or house centipedes lol.

Why would someone use bleach against roaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I put tiny amounts of roach GEL BAIT into the plastic caps from 1/2& 1/2 containers and put them into corners in kitchen and on kitchen shelves, under fridge and stove, and same in bathroom. Every month or so I mist them all (or at least the ones I can find) with a tiny spray bottle. Not a single roach in 2019. One adult female in 2018 that I missed as she ran across my cluttered desktop, but I assume she ate a "snack" from one of the traps and bid this life adieu.

Why would someone bleach ?
I use bleach when doing whites in the laundry but that's about it, don't know what it have to do with roaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
lol. I'm sayin. I've heard of boric acid but...bleach?!
Boric acid works wonders. It was our best friend in my NYCHA years. Those and glue traps. Put a glue trap down and come back a week later and start wondering what the hell all the things on it was. Cant say I miss those years

Old Today, 09:59 AM

21,766 posts, read 28,830,683 times
Boric acid ,too. Why miss a trick? A fine puff of BA under fridge and stove cannot hurt. (Keep it fine, they learn to avoid clumps.

Old Today, 10:32 AM

4,707 posts, read 4,167,470 times
The Bronx has very few restaurants. The fast food joints are dominant

Old Today, 10:44 AM

131 posts, read 33,107 times
No suprise here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or