U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 06:03 PM

3 posts, read 389 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I found an apartment in Soundview. The building is on Noble Avenue $ 174th Street. I plan on living with my sister there and we would like to know about the safety level of this neighborhood. Sometimes I finish my day around 10pm and I want to know if is it ok to walk alone at this time with no fear to get home?
Currently I live on Grand Concourse so I know a bit about the Bronx but what I hear about Soundview cares me for real.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 06:57 PM

32 posts, read 27,602 times
I currently live in Soundview and I find that there are more safety concerns north of Bruckner Blvd. It may be helpful for you to scan the area at both day and night, as well as using the Citizens App so you can see first hand some of the 911 calls that come in from that area.

Personally, I do not walk around that area at night. I live along Story Av & Elder Av, and there have been times (during the day) that I've walked from Story Av to Westchester Av for the 6 train, but that does not happen often.

Some of the good things, however, of living on that side of Soundview is that you've got the 6 train within walking distance, as opposed to those who live south of Bruckner Blvd and have to deal with the Bx5 or Bx27 bus. There are also tons of shops along Westchester Avenue at your convenience. Story Avenue has nothing.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:08 PM

4,707 posts, read 4,172,207 times
soundview is as ratchet as the day is long

Old 09-18-2019, 07:09 PM

4,707 posts, read 4,172,207 times
I’m still laughing at the dude who got popped by working at McDonalds selling drugs up there

Old 09-18-2019, 07:11 PM

8,337 posts, read 3,689,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Op0702 View Post
Hello,
I found an apartment in Soundview. The building is on Noble Avenue $ 174th Street. I plan on living with my sister there and we would like to know about the safety level of this neighborhood. Sometimes I finish my day around 10pm and I want to know if is it ok to walk alone at this time with no fear to get home?
Currently I live on Grand Concourse so I know a bit about the Bronx but what I hear about Soundview cares me for real.
Thank you.
Grand Concourse and what? Sounds like you are just moving from one hood to another. That said some parts of Soundview are fine. As the other person said, walk around and see what your comfort level is there.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:14 PM

52 posts, read 32,884 times
I even don't have a better idea in Soundview. But as the other people said that's a good place. You should rely on them and move to Soundview with your sister for living. Thanks!

Old 09-18-2019, 10:21 PM

3 posts, read 389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown07 View Post
I currently live in Soundview and I find that there are more safety concerns north of Bruckner Blvd. It may be helpful for you to scan the area at both day and night, as well as using the Citizens App so you can see first hand some of the 911 calls that come in from that area.

Personally, I do not walk around that area at night. I live along Story Av & Elder Av, and there have been times (during the day) that I've walked from Story Av to Westchester Av for the 6 train, but that does not happen often.

Some of the good things, however, of living on that side of Soundview is that you've got the 6 train within walking distance, as opposed to those who live south of Bruckner Blvd and have to deal with the Bx5 or Bx27 bus. There are also tons of shops along Westchester Avenue at your convenience. Story Avenue has nothing.
Thank you for the information. I already went there during the day. Regarding at time, I am a bit scared.

Old Yesterday, 12:20 AM

799 posts, read 924,967 times
stay away from the public housing areas.....esp the Soundview and Bronx River apts

Old Yesterday, 05:37 AM

3 posts, read 389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
stay away from the public housing areas.....esp the Soundview and Bronx River apts
Thank you. I think I will find another place

Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM

719 posts, read 1,200,185 times
No soundview is not safe or pleasant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City