U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 07:47 AM

8,507 posts, read 6,498,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I feel bad for my kids.
30-40 years from now there will be an epidemic of serious back, neck, and hand related problems. Orthopedists are going to make bank $$$!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 08:17 AM

13,458 posts, read 9,117,135 times
Gotta love those people who walk slowly up or down the crowded stairs while reading or typing on their phones and tons of angry people stuck behind.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:24 AM

8,507 posts, read 6,498,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Gotta love those people who walk slowly up or down the crowded stairs while reading or typing on their phones and tons of angry people stuck behind.
not to mention, NYC sidewalks work when people stick to the right to walk so others can pass on the left. I see people all the time now on their phones hovering just left which is a perfect block so you can't pass right and you can't pass left or else run into people coming the other way

Old 09-21-2019, 06:35 AM

87 posts, read 77,548 times
You sound annoying OP

Old 09-21-2019, 10:52 AM

21,818 posts, read 28,910,447 times
People with their heads permanently plugged in quickly lose their humanity.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:38 AM

931 posts, read 583,935 times
Headphones are far less of a problem than keeping your EYES down

Old 09-21-2019, 12:45 PM

835 posts, read 451,863 times
OP this problem will never never go away. You might as well shout at the wall or beat the sidewalk. Someone back in 1942 already filed this complaint after tripping over someone lighting their cigar or tying their shoelaces.

If it's not distracted residents on phones, it will be smelly odors. If not smelly odors, long lines. If not long lines, expensive hamburgers. You are living on a tiny island with lots and lots of people fraught with endless potentials for everyday angst and frustration. I think your harsher language towards your fellow human...hag, moron, idiot...shows that you are beyond irritable and on edge living amongst so many.

How long have you been there? Have you considered moving away to a much less dense locale?

Last edited by Chloe333; 09-21-2019 at 01:50 PM..

Old 09-21-2019, 01:47 PM

8,379 posts, read 3,720,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
You sound annoying OP
And why is that?

Old 09-21-2019, 03:21 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,238,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
OP this problem will never never go away. You might as well shout at the wall or beat the sidewalk. Someone back in 1942 already filed this complaint after tripping over someone lighting their cigar or tying their shoelaces.

If it's not distracted residents on phones, it will be smelly odors. If not smelly odors, long lines. If not long lines, expensive hamburgers. You are living on a tiny island with lots and lots of people fraught with endless potentials for everyday angst and frustration. I think your harsher language towards your fellow human...hag, moron, idiot...shows that you are beyond irritable and on edge living amongst so many.

How long have you been there? Have you considered moving away to a much less dense locale?
Ok I'll respond to this. I've been living in NY for over 35 years. I've seen this once great city decompose to the filth that it is now. I don't live in the City now. I work in the city 5-6 days a week. I don't have a stressful job or life but what really grinds my gears is having to share the space with these distracted people in a daily basis. And judging by the comments I'm certainly not the only one.
I take it you are not from the city or know much about it. If you did you'd understand my frustrations with these people. Having been nearly run over or bumped into by some distracted idiot on a daily basis gets maddening. And these people are mostly selfish and inconsiderate. And I have no regret for my language towards my fellow humans. And quite frankly who are you to advise me on how to talk to people?

Old 09-21-2019, 03:37 PM

835 posts, read 451,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
And quite frankly who are you to advise me on how to talk to people?
I am not advising you. I do know the city to some extent. My people landed there at the turn of the last century from various places in Europe and opened bars and bakeries in and around the city. I was born in Port Jefferson. Grandparents migrated to Long Island, parents migrated down south in the 70's. I recently was in NYC and was kept awake all night for several nights by a giggling man high on weed. That was only one frustration that I experienced but I love the city to bits nonetheless.

I am just saying that NYC has very high potential and probability for being a frustrating and exasperating place to live. By the way, on a recent trip, I fussed at my daughter for doing just what you say here. She kept stopping and checking her phone getting off the subway and on sidewalks. Like dominos, people would ram into her and I told her to stop doing this. It was annoying to everyone. I do get it.

You say the city has gone to filth but really it has gotten safer and better through the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or