U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 09:05 AM

2,270 posts, read 2,077,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
actually years ago we had an issue with someone breaking in to cars in our community driveway in kew garden hills ... for weeks cars were hit at night and it got to the point i did not put a radio back in nor lock the doors .

i wanted to put a silent ringer on the car and nail the guy or guys .... but of course i would not do it without a weapon . after discussing it with some very knowledgeably people i decided that would be a bad idea ... unless they came at me with a weapon i would become the bad guy by threatening their lives and if things turned ugly even if i was cleared criminally you can loose every penny in a civil suit ...so the choice was do nothing in this case .... there was nothing left to take in the car . . it was hardly worth risking an escalation on principal .
Petty thieves don’t usually want confrontations. You could have put in the silent alarm and if it went off you could have turned on all the lights in your home and yelled from your door or window if the lights didn’t scare him off. In the 1970s I saw someone trying to break into my neighbor’s garage and I yelled at him from my window to get away from the garage. He took off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 09:15 AM

73,599 posts, read 73,452,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Petty thieves don’t usually want confrontations. You could have put in the silent alarm and if it went off you could have turned on all the lights in your home and yelled from your door or window if the lights didn’t scare him off. In the 1970s I saw someone trying to break into my neighbor’s garage and I yelled at him from my window to get away from the garage. He took off.
i wouldn't say that, because many are druggies and unstable . you never know what to expect . we have not been talking about just bad kids for a long long time ... drugs and drug induced surprise behavior has to be one of the most important things you must consider can happen

Old 09-23-2019, 07:01 AM

2,327 posts, read 702,377 times
This is common knowledge... Once the guy leaves your property you can't kill him. This is not Florida...

Old 09-27-2019, 05:17 AM

8,495 posts, read 5,539,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Look at this wonderful member of society! What does he need to do to get locked up for life?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...utors-say.html
i wish they would interview his mom and dad and get their opinion of what went wrong, what they did wrong? It could be like a MindHunter interview.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:42 AM

4,732 posts, read 4,189,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiep83 View Post
https://nypost.com/2019/09/20/bronx-...to-death-cops/

expected to be charged with murder? what a joke.
drop the charges

Old 09-27-2019, 07:42 AM

83 posts, read 28,242 times
I wish I could sit on that jury. I'd vote to aquitt in a heartbeat. People are sick and tired of being victimized and having a criminal justice system that makes excuses for the criminals.

After January 1st if you're arrested in NYS for Burglary in the 2nd degree (breaking into someones home) a judge can't jail you on bail. The police will have to process you and send you on your way with a ticket.

It's US vs THEM now. We'll be seeing more of what happened in the Bronx.

Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM

54 posts, read 13,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
This is common knowledge... Once the guy leaves your property you can't kill him. This is not Florida...

In Florida when someone trespasses you can blast them away with your AK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or