U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2019, 05:28 PM

4 posts, read 162 times

Advertisements

Hello there (this is my first post on CityData by the way)!

I have been well aware that as of June this year, dispensaries in NY, some in NYC if course, have been able to provide medical marijuana in non-smokable forms, excluding edibles, to medical marijuana card holders.

However I have read from an article on weedmaps.com that although marijuana/THC edibles are not legal in New York, cannabidiol (CBD) - infused edibles that don't get you high can be produced.

Is there truth to this? I am asking because I have thorough knowledge in infusing the cannabis plant into healthy, vegan and gluten-free foods, and besides that I'm very interested in the culinary industry.

If CBD edibles can be produced and dispensed by practitioners, how can I get involved in the manufacture (cooking) of CBD, non-THC edibles? It's a given for me that I would need a Food Protection Certificate and have to use a commercial kitchen, but is there any more requirements to handle hemp/cannabis to make infused foods, meant to be sold by other dispensaries for patients?

I don't intend to start a CBD edibles business, just be able to use my skills to manufacture them for others. I want to know if it's possible in New York.

Thank you!!

Edit: I just realized I said "Marijuana" in the title, I meant Hemp-derived CBD.

Last edited by j11601; 09-23-2019 at 05:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 07:12 PM

4,379 posts, read 1,159,192 times
One can basically oven cook the high out of weed in a conventional oven but I think that will upset many neighbors.
I do not personally condone the use of marijuana as I put it in the same category as stupid but if there are enough
folks in pain coming forward claiming of its medicinal cures then why not so long as it does not invade my personal space.
I don't think N.Y. is ready for this anytime soon. I don't think any politician running for office is going to touch this with a 10 ft. pole.

Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM

4 posts, read 162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
One can basically oven cook the high out of weed in a conventional oven but I think that will upset many neighbors.
I do not personally condone the use of marijuana as I put it in the same category as stupid but if there are enough
folks in pain coming forward claiming of its medicinal cures then why not so long as it does not invade my personal space.
I don't think N.Y. is ready for this anytime soon. I don't think any politician running for office is going to touch this with a 10 ft. pole.
Do you know anything about legal CBD products in New York though? A new smoke shop popped up in my neighborhood apparently selling "CBD" products. Does anyone here have any leads on jobs for manufacturing edible CBD products in or near the city?

Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM

5,380 posts, read 2,081,501 times
What are the medical marijuana rules in NY?

I don't know why they would exclude edibles. Makes no sense.

Has anyone been to a dispensary?

Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM

4 posts, read 162 times
R.I.P., now I'm seeing articles say that New York has banned CBD-infused food and drink.

Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM

4,379 posts, read 1,159,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
What are the medical marijuana rules in NY?

I don't know why they would exclude edibles. Makes no sense.

Has anyone been to a dispensary?
Opnion:
Friend of mine who recently passed was on the state dispensary.
Alot of red tape to get his medicinal need. It was cheaper and quicker
to get CBD from Florida through the mail. In the end it didn't help him.
R.I.P.

Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM

639 posts, read 606,580 times
I don’t think cbd/thc infused food is the next big thing.

I been to Denver and Amsterdam, there was absolutely no hype about it, not even sure if they have cafes like that. The dispensaries carry edibles such as brownies, cookies, gummy bears and such. Denver did have many delicious food options to cure the munchies crave. But no restaurant serving up infused food.

NY is moving extra slow with the legalization of recreational dispensaries, the politicians haven’t found a way to line their pockets with the profits just yet.

Old Today, 10:52 AM

4 posts, read 162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post
I donít think cbd/thc infused food is the next big thing.

I been to Denver and Amsterdam, there was absolutely no hype about it, not even sure if they have cafes like that. The dispensaries carry edibles such as brownies, cookies, gummy bears and such. Denver did have many delicious food options to cure the munchies crave. But no restaurant serving up infused food.

NY is moving extra slow with the legalization of recreational dispensaries, the politicians havenít found a way to line their pockets with the profits just yet.
I was hoping to push my own initiative of combining healthy/vegan/gf food with the positive uses of cannabis plants to create a hype of health rather than just getting high from eating something. I also wanted to use my potential success to encourage youth from low income communities (like myself) to get their Food Protection Certificate and open up more job opportunities. I had the idea that since so many are acknowledging that cannabis has medicinal values, it might excite them more to get the Food Protection if it means they could prepare infused food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or