U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:20 AM

737 posts, read 252,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
She was moving, not paralyzed. She could have touched the third rail and been electrocuted while people did nothing. Those men are the best we have in society. They acted bravely and smartly. God bless them.
the third rail at that station is between the updown and downtown tracks. She would have had to crawl quite a bit to get to it. Shes very lucky the train didn't drag them enough for her to slip through the tracks and fall into the oncoming traffic below.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:58 PM

5,661 posts, read 4,454,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
She was moving, not paralyzed. She could have touched the third rail and been electrocuted while people did nothing. Those men are the best we have in society. They acted bravely and smartly. God bless them.
Moving someone who’s been in any kind of traumatic event is risky In that if there were a spinal injury the risk for paralysis exists by moving them. I was an EMT and treated many trauma victims. The first thing you do is stabilize someone before moving them.

Old Today, 07:53 PM

13,074 posts, read 6,730,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulok View Post
Really?? This is such a sad sad story. We as Americans really need to push to re-evaluate how we view mental health disorders.

Andrew Yang is correct, we need to de-stigmatize mental health problems and have more options to help those who are going through this. I used to be a staunch Republican, very much against social care etc but Andrew Yang has helped me re-evaluate my stance on this. A lot of our country's problems (gun violence, suicides, opioid epidemic) can be alleviated with proper mental health care.

His Freedom Dividend is just a step in the right direction but there's a long way to go.

This little girl just lost her father in the most horrendous way. We need to empathize with that and not villify him. He deserves pity not hate.
I'm not happy that the father died, but I cant bring myself to say anything nice after he tried to take his innocent kid out with him. Coward.

Old Today, 08:36 PM

6,593 posts, read 6,607,852 times
Is there space underneath moving train for something small to be able to survive under as the train passes.

Old Today, 10:43 PM

737 posts, read 252,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Is there space underneath moving train for something small to be able to survive under as the train passes.
Yes, on the elevated tracks there is space for the train to pass over you if yo lay flat on your back but if the passing of the train creates an updraft allowing a piece of clothing to get caught on anything under there then SOL for the person as it will drag them across all the ballast. On the underground tracks this may vary from station and chances are that gap will be filled with garbage and or water, in short no one would want to lay in that filth underground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City