U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM
 
3,599 posts, read 3,433,901 times
Reputation: 2655

Advertisements

I like their pickled herring and their paradise/aladin chocolates...i used to frequent the blyn one just for those items. glad that they are following me to queens now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM
 
15 posts, read 3,851 times
Reputation: 30
Is that the site of old Sears?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:23 AM
 
2,196 posts, read 683,875 times
Reputation: 1569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I got an IKEA foam mattress and an office chair. Mattress $300 and chair $50. I think it's good value and I'm happy with both items.

I'm surprised the "keep my neighborhood a slum so I can still afford to live here" group Queens Neighborhoods United did not protest. Maybe it was kept secret til the last minute just for that very reason, after how that group tried (without success) to shut down the mini Target coming to Jackson Heights/Elmhurst on 82nd south of Roosevelt.
I guess because Ikea is a Swedish company and leftists tend to think highly of Scandinavia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:01 AM
 
1,210 posts, read 1,296,985 times
Reputation: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Shadow View Post
Is that the site of old Sears?
Yes it is. Traffic and parking is going to get even crazier in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:36 AM
 
154 posts, read 71,731 times
Reputation: 114
Good for Rego Center but bad for Rego Park. Traffic in and around that area is already unbearable. I feel sorry for Rego Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:51 PM
 
736 posts, read 252,308 times
Reputation: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I got an IKEA foam mattress and an office chair. Mattress $300 and chair $50. I think it's good value and I'm happy with both items.

I'm surprised the "keep my neighborhood a slum so I can still afford to live here" group Queens Neighborhoods United did not protest. Maybe it was kept secret til the last minute just for that very reason, after how that group tried (without success) to shut down the mini Target coming to Jackson Heights/Elmhurst on 82nd south of Roosevelt.

Im dying to know what mattress cost $300??

IKEA is usually overpriced and mattresses already cost a pretty penny usually $800 and up for a full size that will last. How did you get one from such an over priced store for so cheap? Black Friday sale? coupons? employee discount?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:55 PM
 
11,445 posts, read 22,033,462 times
Reputation: 9081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Im dying to know what mattress cost $300??

IKEA is usually overpriced and mattresses already cost a pretty penny usually $800 and up for a full size that will last. How did you get one from such an over priced store for so cheap? Black Friday sale? coupons? employee discount?
No, it's the regular price, and actually they have ones that are cheaper. This is the one I got. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/morgeda...gray-30277389/

I was actually willing to spend the $800 to get the latex/foam blend but in the end the foam one is the one that felt more comfortable (although it will probably break down in less time and I will have to replace it at some point).

I heard that the bed slats make a big difference too. Currently I have the ones that are just flat/static but apparently the newer ones have a little bounce in them so they make the mattress feel more comfortable. Next trip I will get those!

It occurred to me that you might be looking for memory foam, and yes, those are more, like $500. But I hate memory foam so am happier with the regular stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:24 PM
 
6,527 posts, read 6,057,180 times
Reputation: 4605
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
Yes it is. Traffic and parking is going to get even crazier in that area.
Oh I use to go shopping in that area a lot. Especially the Kohl's down the street and then one day I went all the way there to discover Kohl's had closed. Too bad if they were still around I'd visit this Ikea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:40 PM
 
3,599 posts, read 3,433,901 times
Reputation: 2655
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Im dying to know what mattress cost $300??

IKEA is usually overpriced and mattresses already cost a pretty penny usually $800 and up for a full size that will last. How did you get one from such an over priced store for so cheap? Black Friday sale? coupons? employee discount?



might be a used/refurbished one??...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:42 PM
 
736 posts, read 252,308 times
Reputation: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
No, it's the regular price, and actually they have ones that are cheaper. This is the one I got. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/morgeda...gray-30277389/

I was actually willing to spend the $800 to get the latex/foam blend but in the end the foam one is the one that felt more comfortable (although it will probably break down in less time and I will have to replace it at some point).

I heard that the bed slats make a big difference too. Currently I have the ones that are just flat/static but apparently the newer ones have a little bounce in them so they make the mattress feel more comfortable. Next trip I will get those!

It occurred to me that you might be looking for memory foam, and yes, those are more, like $500. But I hate memory foam so am happier with the regular stuff.
Oh its one of those mattress…. Im going to go out on a limb here and guess you only sleep on that mattress and no other activities

Slats will give it a little more bounce (very helpful when its action time) but you will also need to put a Bunkie board on top of the slats to support the mattress and spread the weight evenly otherwise rapid consecutive downward motion in 1 area can break the slats and sink the whole bed.....ive been there lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top