U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2019, 08:26 PM

7 posts, read 1,407 times

Advertisements

Hello, just wondering if anyone applied to the Washington mews 89 Murray? I got an interview and supplied all of my docs. now I am waiting patiently...

Has anyone gotten this far or further? Log #18xx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2019, 07:38 AM

31 posts, read 18,810 times
I also applied and supplied my documents but I have not been invited to view any apartments. I am also waiting patiently! However, I do not know what the timeline is at all.

Old 09-30-2019, 03:49 PM

5 posts, read 385 times
I have a low 18XX log number and interviewed in August.

August they told me there was only one apartment available. Glad to know I'm not alone in my anxiety. So stressful to wait and wait and not know what is going on. I think if you qualify we are on the list when more apartments come up.

I can report that both my retirement account and the IRS contacted me saying that people requested information. My child's school also contacted me because the management company faxed a form to my child's school to confirm that my child was enrolled. So I guess they are doing something. Has anyone else had anything like that happen?

The apartment is actually more expensive than my current apartment, but it would future proof us against rent increases in our neighborhood AND it has awesome schools.

Has anyone found any other Manhattan lotteries in the same range? (i.e. 165% AMI?)

Would love to see if either of you get the apartment and will report back on any news on my end. I literally look at the building online every day and it kills me to be obsessed. Embarrassed to say I've even drawn out the floorplans I've found on Streeteasy and decorated.

Good luck!

Old 09-30-2019, 04:11 PM

40 posts, read 21,210 times
I applied for the heck of it; I received an email that my application had been placed on the waiting list and the log number (19XX). Nothing since then. The apartment would be a good amount more than what we pay now and probably a lot smaller. As posted above, we’re mostly interested in the rent-stabilized part and the good schools. We actually really like our current apartment and neighborhood, but with kids we’d like the stability and maybe the chance to live in a totally different neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_user_name View Post

Has anyone found any other Manhattan lotteries in the same range? (i.e. 165% AMI?)

Would love to see if either of you get the apartment and will report back on any news on my end. I literally look at the building online every day and it kills me to be obsessed. Embarrassed to say I've even drawn out the floorplans I've found on Streeteasy and decorated.

Good luck!
We are also usually 165% and I’ve actually been contacted to interview for quite a few (Manhattan—mostly Harlem lotteries, Stuy Town, different places in Brooklyn). At this income range the rent usually isn’t as affordable (meaning the usual “40 Times the Rent” rule for income is higher than the max income they actually allow). I assume this is probably why less people at this range apply and why you have a greater chance of being contacted. Good luck!

Old 09-30-2019, 07:50 PM

LMAO!! I have furniture picked out for my floor plan that ive marked up as well. You are not alone!

I have not received any calls from banks/schools to verify any of my documents. I did however, submit a letter from my sons school and provide copies of EVERYTHING. Even letters they may not have specifically have asked for. Did you also submit a letter from the school or would that have been the first time they verified it.

Also, I have noticed about 1-2 apartments open up at this address for regular rent (nothing was available for the last 2-3 months) . Not sure if people are starting to move out or if its a coincidence.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:49 AM

5 posts, read 385 times
If there was a way to upload photos I’d share my floor plan!

I did provide school documents at the interview, and then two weeks ago my school emailed me saying they had received a fax from Related asking the school to fill out a form and verifying enrollment.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:06 AM

31 posts, read 18,810 times
just an fyi...I called the leasing agent and inquired about the size of the units. The units on StreetEasy are the market rate units. Apparently the affordable housing units are much smaller. I also have a low log number. If I am called and I view units, I will try to take pictures and upload them here if we are allowed to post pics on this site.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:34 AM

5 posts, read 385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryingtowin View Post
just an fyi...I called the leasing agent and inquired about the size of the units. The units on StreetEasy are the market rate units. Apparently the affordable housing units are much smaller.
That's a bummer to hear! I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but when the whole idea of $2,800 being "affordable" is already a joke... it is just a lot.

Old Today, 08:06 AM

5 posts, read 385 times
Hello everyone -

Received the following email from Related. I reached out to them but haven't heard back. I already had my interview and documents. I assume this means the available apartments went to someone else and back on the list. But who knows!

-----------------------------------------------------

Dear Applicant:

We are in receipt of your application for housing for the above-captioned property.

Please be advised that your application has been placed on the waiting list for this property. As apartments become available, we will interview the next eligible applicant on the waiting list. When your application number is reached, we will contact you at the address recorded on your application to schedule an appointment for your initial interview.

Please note that the availability of affordable apartments is limited. As a result of the limited availability, your application may remain on the waiting list for several months or years before you are contacted for an initial interview. We can confirm that your application is on the waiting list, but we can not provide any additional information regarding the status of your application. As a reminder, modifications to your household circumstances or the change of annual income guidelines may also impact the eligibility of your household.

It is your responsibility to provide written confirmation if there is any change or modification to your household or if there is a change of address. Please make sure to include your application number and the property name in your letter. All correspondence must be sent to the following address:

Old Today, 02:31 PM

Thanks for the update. Hang in there! I have not heard anything on my end yet..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or