Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in the organization described above?"
I own a car or otherwise drive and would be interested 18 47.37%
I own a car or otherwise drive and would NOT be interested 15 39.47%
I don't own a car or otherwise driver and would be interested 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 01:42 PM

15,803 posts, read 14,414,927 times

Advertisements

Yeah, it seems like enough car owners are willing to bend over and take it from the car hating leftists that the trend will continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 03:11 PM

1,397 posts, read 706,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Yeah, it seems like enough car owners are willing to bend over and take it from the car hating leftists that the trend will continue.
Honestly what can they do? it's either adapt of leave, I chose to leave. Things aren't going to get better for drivers in NYC, only worse.

Old 10-05-2019, 04:43 PM

15,803 posts, read 14,414,927 times
The premise here is that there are enough of us (maybe 2,000,000 in the city alone) that if we got political and militant, we could change the political equation. But that would take a high percentage of car owners willing to be (75-80%.) Of the ones who voted here, and I doubt all the car owners who saw this thread voted, is seems like barely more than half would. I don't think that would be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Honestly what can they do? it's either adapt of leave, I chose to leave. Things aren't going to get better for drivers in NYC, only worse.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:01 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,584,869 times
Quote:
The premise here is that there are enough of us (maybe 2,000,000 in the city alone) that if we got political and militant, we could change the political equation. But that would take a high percentage of car owners willing to be (75-80%.) Of the ones who voted here, and I doubt all the car owners who saw this thread voted, is seems like barely more than half would. I don't think that would be enough.
Depends on what the goal of the organization be ? You lobby for better roads, lower costs for inspections, licenses, registrations, and tolls is fine. But you going to advocate for higher speed limits, less bike lanes stuff that means not sharing the road or hurting pedestrian and cyclists rights, it's not going to work.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Depends on what the goal of the organization be ? You lobby for better roads, lower costs for inspections, licenses, registrations, and tolls is fine. But you going to advocate for higher speed limits, less bike lanes stuff that means not sharing the road or hurting pedestrian and cyclists rights, it's not going to work.
Agreed. That's one of the reasons why I left.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Eventually the speed cameras are going to be extended to most towns, villages, and highways. Eventually all towns will make room for cyclists. It's inevitable and it's good. It's good one more bike means one less car. Speeds will come down, unless one day we will have a computerized grid system which communicates with each car s computer and directs traffic and routes cars to reduce traffic congestion. In a few years as traffic cameras prices drop for areas they will draw revenue for every infraction you commit. Even where you moved to.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Why is being a cyclist a leftist thing. I used to commute daily to work for years, and I was a listening to Hannity on the way home on my headphones. My cousin is a libertarian and he is a cyclist. I thought being a cyclist would appeal to people on the right as it's independent, brave, healthy, and very cost effective. If I had continued to bike as I did maybe I would have not become a T2 diabetic. I developed it a year after commuting as regularly and gaining weight. Bikes are not a threat. Now, did the City Bike program done wrong, absolutely. But the premise to make the City Bike friendly is long overdue. Every bike, is one less car on the road.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:49 PM

There's more cars in NYC today then ever, and virtually none of the cyclists would be driving a car anyway. They would just walk or take public transportation. I support making streets safer for pedestrians, but not cyclists.

Old 10-05-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
There's more cars in NYC today then ever, and virtually none of the cyclists would be driving a car anyway. They would just walk or take public transportation. I support making streets safer for pedestrians, but not cyclists.
I bike one day a week to work, weather permitting. If I do, that's my car off the road. If my cousin could not ride he would buy a car, because he hates people and would not want to be on the bus or train. Cycles are good. But the City has to fine irresponsible cyclists. Fine them for not using helmets.

Last edited by bxlover; 10-05-2019 at 06:19 PM..

Old 10-05-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
People have too many cars. Why does a family need more then two cara or even one car anyway ? In NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: