U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in the organization described above?"
I own a car or otherwise drive and would be interested 16 45.71%
I own a car or otherwise drive and would NOT be interested 15 42.86%
I don't own a car or otherwise driver and would be interested 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM

11,284 posts, read 9,632,012 times

Advertisements

It worked for a century.

One of my big issues is that drivers are treated like a cash cow to be milked to pay for the mismanaged, inefficient, and corrupt public transport agencies, first with the ridiculous bridge and tunnel tolls, and now with congestion pricing. Let the people who use those systems pay for them (and I say this as someone who both drives and take mass transit.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Depends on what the goal of the organization be ? You lobby for better roads, lower costs for inspections, licenses, registrations, and tolls is fine. But you going to advocate for higher speed limits, less bike lanes stuff that means not sharing the road or hurting pedestrian and cyclists rights, it's not going to work.

Last edited by BBMW; Yesterday at 08:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:21 AM

3,902 posts, read 1,472,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
It worked for a century.

One of my big issues is that drivers are treated like a cash cow to be milked to pay for the mismanaged, inefficient, and corrupt public transport agencies, first with the ridiculous bridge and tunnel tolls, and now with congestion pricing. Let the people who use those systems pay for them (and I say this as someone who both drives and take mass transit.)
I agree. I may not have a car after my next lease. If I do I will downgrade the price to a lesser quality car. Why pay for a powerful engine if you can't use it.

Old Today, 08:55 AM

3,902 posts, read 1,472,582 times
How about all of us drivers take up less space when Parking to free up a few extra spots. We don't need an association to do that.

Old Today, 08:54 PM

4,500 posts, read 1,188,432 times
Opinion:
Beam me Up Scotty ...there is no life down here in New York City..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ktEdZ4eOp4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or