U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 02:33 PM

7,596 posts, read 6,071,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Right. This is a clear violation of federal law and, so, is preempted by federal law and must fail. Why do leftists have such disdain for law-abiding U.S. citizens and love for those who have no right to be in our country?

Maybe on your next visit to some other country someone should call the immigration and have you arrested and then deported. Their only proof being that they either hate Americans, or dislike you personally.

There have been enough episodes where people threatened to call immigration on others because they have been brainwashed into the belief that none of us who have non US accent are living in the USA legally or have become naturalized citizens.

This site is fact becoming like that Politics site. A residue of angry people whose only emotion is hatred towards people different from themselves. Daily some rant about "savage ghetto people"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 02:33 PM

2,214 posts, read 688,874 times
250,000 dollar fine for calling someone an illegal, lmao

Old 09-27-2019, 02:37 PM

298 posts, read 75,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
I am a Caribbean person who has been a US citizen for almost 30 years. Clearly I have an accent that marks me as an immigrant.

Does that give you authority to call me an illegal alien and then threaten ICE because you become angry with me?
Not to split hairs here, but if you were here illegally then you'd be an illegal alien.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:49 PM

11,250 posts, read 9,605,034 times
In general (not you in particular) I can call someone anything I want. Remember the whole sticks and stones thing.

As far as calling ICE. I can call them. If they bother to respond and question you, show them your ID, which they can trace back to your identity records, which will show you're a naturalized citizen. At that point, the "investigation" would be over. If they think I called them on you maliciously, they can probably charge me with something (filing a false report of such.)

Quote:
I am a Caribbean person who has been a US citizen for almost 30 years. Clearly I have an accent that marks me as an immigrant.

Does that give you authority to call me an illegal alien and then threaten ICE because you become angry with me?

While the city might be a bit harsh in its penalties people do NOT have the right to act as judge and jury. One's legal status is the purview of the person involved and ICE/CBP and NO ONE ELSE!

Old 09-27-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
Not to split hairs here, but if you were here illegally then you'd be an illegal alien.

My point is that you do NOT know whether I am legally here or not so you have NO RIGHT to slander me by calling me an illegal alien or calling ICE. You do that and you deserve to pay a fine! As much as I would deserve to pay if I called you a sex offender.

The only entity who are entitled to be involved in this will be ICE once they furnish proof. For the rest of you xenophobes it really isn't your concern, unless you are an employer and a perspective employee failed the e-verify test.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:58 PM

[quote=BBMW;56279946]In general (not you in particular) I can call someone anything I want. Remember the whole sticks and stones thing.

[quote]

Do I have a right to call the cops because I want to have you treated as a child molester? Oh yes you can then spend time and money and anguish proving that you aren't.

But its perfectly fine for you to put an immigrant into the same stress by calling them illegal and then calling ICE.

I suspect that lost in your rage you cannot see the parallels as you believe that those who you despise aren't entitled to the same rights that you are, but it can go both ways.

I just hope that some female doesn't pull a #MeToo against you because you accidentally brushed against her butt on the subway.

Old 09-27-2019, 03:30 PM

11,250 posts, read 9,605,034 times
You could call the cops, they'd probably investigate. They'd find I'm not a child molester. Of course after you called them, but before they investigate me, they'll question you to get whatever information you have that would substantiate that I might be a child molester. If you can't come up with anything substantial, they'll just drop the investigation for lack of evidence. If you have something substantial, but it's fake, they'll continue the investigation, probably question me, and more likely then not, at some point figure out what you give them was fake. At that point, they might charge you with filing a false report.

The point being, accusation is conviction. It just starts the process. The LE community wants people to report crimes, so unless the report is blatantly false, they're going to process any report (or they should, but they get lazy sometimes.) But in the end the report has to be substantiated before it goes anywhere.

If anything, when it comes to immigration investigations, they far to slow and lenient. It's not very difficult to figure out if someone is here legally or not. If it comes back that someone is in fact and illegal alien, they should be deported immediately.

[quote=caribny;56280008][quote=BBMW;56279946]In general (not you in particular) I can call someone anything I want. Remember the whole sticks and stones thing.

Quote:

Do I have a right to call the cops because I want to have you treated as a child molester? Oh yes you can then spend time and money and anguish proving that you aren't.

But its perfectly fine for you to put an immigrant into the same stress by calling them illegal and then calling ICE.

I suspect that lost in your rage you cannot see the parallels as you believe that those who you despise aren't entitled to the same rights that you are, but it can go both ways.

I just hope that some female doesn't pull a #MeToo against you because you accidentally brushed against her butt on the subway.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:54 PM

3,601 posts, read 3,437,111 times
Quote:

While the city might be a bit harsh in its penalties people do NOT have the right to act as judge and jury. One's legal status is the purview of the person involved and ICE/CBP and NO ONE ELSE!

Didn't trump call all like you to go back to where you came from...why are you still here...

Old Yesterday, 06:40 AM

4,426 posts, read 1,172,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I guess "undocumented" is too tough a word for some people to spell.
Opinion:
Watch it ........you are stepping over boundaries ( sarcasm )

All IQ's matter! Hahahahahaha..................

Next: it will be offensive and an act of hate to be called a Mensa.......Hahahahhaha............

Old Yesterday, 06:52 AM

5,897 posts, read 3,097,577 times
This your progressive Leftist government at work folks. Slowly, bit by bit taking away your personal freedoms. Told you so: http://www.city-data.com/forum/56239660-post18.html

Keep on hating Trump like the liberal media keeps telling you to but it's the Democrats that is really your enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City