U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 12:18 PM

2,220 posts, read 694,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
This law is in place to protect employees more than anything.

I've seen it all,especially at work. You go to work,to get paid,to pay rent and food. Now some sucker who wants to humiliate and threaten a hard working person with deportation or cruel jokes can get fired for misdeeds. This "NO sneaky inglish " stabs are going to come back and stab you in the bun!

Seems petty, but just the same as any derogatory terms that are deemed discrimination.

Trump brought this on, as people and their trump agenda feel a new entitlement to MAGA. In NYC this MAGA crap is not welcome.
Free speech is free speech, it doesn't matter if Trump is popular here or not.
While I would not go around accusing people of being illegal immigrants, it is blatantly unconstitutional to fine someone 1/4 million dollars for doing so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 01:39 PM

2,817 posts, read 2,389,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
This law is in place to protect employees more than anything.

I've seen it all,especially at work. You go to work,to get paid,to pay rent and food. Now some sucker who wants to humiliate and threaten a hard working person with deportation or cruel jokes can get fired for misdeeds. This "NO sneaky inglish " stabs are going to come back and stab you in the bun!

Seems petty, but just the same as any derogatory terms that are deemed discrimination.

Trump brought this on, as people and their trump agenda feel a new entitlement to MAGA. In NYC this MAGA crap is not welcome.
It is not “maga crap”. Some people happen to lean that way. Whether New York embraces it or not, people have a right to choose their political parties. If the city despises conservatives so much, let them remove “Republican” as a party to join at the ballot- see how that goes. In the meantime, I really don’t see what would be wrong with sporting a MAGA hat. While I personally wouldn’t do so, I think it’s another thin-skinned thing to be offended about. People go around wearing T-shirt’s with obscenities and far worse.
Seriously, what is the problem? Why are people so triggered? It’s almost like a mental illness!

Old 09-28-2019, 01:54 PM

9,067 posts, read 7,324,777 times
I’m actually really tempted to “break” this law so I can this to the Supreme Court. Leftists need smackdowns every so often. This one would be so easy that I’d probably represent myself.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-28-2019, 02:48 PM

895 posts, read 1,334,717 times
So talking trash and friends joking with each other is called hate speech. Got it.
The hell has happened to this country? Back in high school you can call your classmates illegal aliens w/o Rudy's team breathing down your neck.

Old 09-28-2019, 03:15 PM

13,121 posts, read 6,757,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I’m actually really tempted to “break” this law so I can this to the Supreme Court. Leftists need smackdowns every so often. This one would be so easy that I’d probably represent myself.
I'd be the same way if I didn't fear for my family's physical safety from the leftist mob if I took this step

Old 09-28-2019, 03:35 PM

9,067 posts, read 7,324,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'd be the same way if I didn't fear for my family's physical safety from the leftist mob if I took this step
That’s the one kink in the plan. I’d be forced into a violent defense of my family which wouldn’t go over well in this city.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-28-2019, 05:44 PM

2,220 posts, read 694,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Here's how you can do it: call de Blasio or another white liberal an "illegal immigrant"

Old 09-28-2019, 06:09 PM

4,652 posts, read 3,229,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post

this should be taken to the supreme court. This violates our first amendment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Here's how you can do it: call de Blasio or another white liberal an "illegal immigrant"

deblasio needs to be impeached

Old 09-28-2019, 08:54 PM

287 posts, read 79,069 times
[quote=caribny;56280008][quote=BBMW;56279946]In general (not you in particular) I can call someone anything I want. Remember the whole sticks and stones thing.

Quote:

Do I have a right to call the cops because I want to have you treated as a child molester? Oh yes you can then spend time and money and anguish proving that you aren't.

But its perfectly fine for you to put an immigrant into the same stress by calling them illegal and then calling ICE.

I suspect that lost in your rage you cannot see the parallels as you believe that those who you despise aren't entitled to the same rights that you are, but it can go both ways.

I just hope that some female doesn't pull a #MeToo against you because you accidentally brushed against her butt on the subway.
my eyes can't roll any harder than they are after reading your posts.

Old 09-29-2019, 05:22 AM

11 posts, read 15,599 times
When I read the article, I could not believe what I was reading!! I can not stand DiBlasio. This is ridiculous!! I am an American and here in NYC, can sometimes feel like the minority. DiBlasio is all about protecting everybody else!! Free medical care, cheap housing, etc....what about the Americans who do what they are suppose to, get educated and work....you get screwed!!!

I am a grandchild of an immigrant who came to this country for a better life. My grandmother worked hard and became a citizen so she could contribute to our great nation. She did not come here expecting hand outs or the country to take care of her. There are many people who come here and and contribute to the success of our nation and I welcome them, but if you are here illegally and expect handouts....sorry. Get out!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City