U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM

8 posts, read 49 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I don't know why the media keeps insisting that Trump is against legal immigrants. That is not the case at all! But the media simply uses the term, "immigrants" as if everyone who came here legally or not are the problem. This is incorrect. The ones who are the subject of controversy are the ones who are not entering through the legal port of entry and are thus undocumented/ illegal, etc.

And the question is - if people cannot provide documents, then that may mean there is criminal background, infectious disease or an inability to sustain themselves, hence a drain on taxpayer money.
Trumps wife is a legal immigrant so the argument about how "Trump hates immigrants" is just strange and ill fit. There are also people that say "Trump is racist against immigrants" but immigrants are not a race. They also confuse illegal with being a race of people, but illegal is merely their criminal status.

Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM

2,817 posts, read 2,389,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay443 View Post
Trumps wife is a legal immigrant so the argument about how "Trump hates immigrants" is just strange and ill fit. There are also people that say "Trump is racist against immigrants" but immigrants are not a race. They also confuse illegal with being a race of people, but illegal is merely their criminal status.
And how he enacted a "Muslim Ban" is also ridiculous. The countries that are banned are composed religiously of Christians, Jews and Buddhists. For instance, Syria is 70% Islamic but 30% is a large minority of different religions. To put this into perspective, African Americans and Latinos make up 32% of this country's racial demographic.

If he enacted a Muslim ban, then that means that the 30% of Christians and Jews from Syria may be able to make a request to travel to the US and that it wouldn't be a problem. It will also mean that Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and others with a majority Muslim population would also be put on the travel ban, but this wasn't the case.

Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM

1,108 posts, read 2,377,228 times

Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM

1,534 posts, read 862,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
My point is that you do NOT know whether I am legally here or not so you have NO RIGHT to slander me by calling me an illegal alien or calling ICE. You do that and you deserve to pay a fine! As much as I would deserve to pay if I called you a sex offender.

The only entity who are entitled to be involved in this will be ICE once they furnish proof. For the rest of you xenophobes it really isn't your concern, unless you are an employer and a perspective employee failed the e-verify test.
I voted for Trump, and what?!

However, if I wanna say Jussie Smollet should be prosecuted for his fraudulent claims, or that Blasey Ford be prosecuted for her fradulent claims, I have to keep it a 2-way street. I won't go around accusing people of being illegal immigrants.

You are right. Yours is the one argument I have seen in favor of this new rule that is somewhat equitable and sensible.

Shades of when I was in college class, explaining the virtue of the 2nd Ammendment, I was asked about abortion, I said it should at least be legal. I don't like it, I think it's baby murder but, sometimes there is a medical necessity, so it should remain legal. You think guns are only for murder but, some people save children with guns. Both should be legal; 2-way street. ...I got an A+ in that course...

Your logic is valid.

...however, everyone on here knows that intentionally false accusations against White Men will get those White Men the response of "Suck it up, buttercup." Yet any accidentally false accusation from a White Man (or East Asian) will cause that White Man to get nailed go the wall.

That's why I'm angry about it; because, even though you're right, we feel in our guts how selectively it will be enforced.

Old Today, 01:48 AM

60 posts, read 13,602 times
Why do people from other countries keep coming to this so called racist country with a racist president? Something doesn't add up.

Old Today, 07:52 AM

2,817 posts, read 2,389,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinNY View Post
Why do people from other countries keep coming to this so called racist country with a racist president? Something doesn't add up.
Or stay back and fight/protest against whatever it is was that made them leave in the first place?
I would not go to Bulgaria and fight for rights there.

Old Today, 07:57 AM

8 posts, read 49 times
Quote:
Racism is it's own full industry now but people still ride on the coat tails of Racism as if it is only a cultural, thing. Some of the products and services of the racism industry are Affirmative Action Plans, Equal Opportunity Employers, Diversity and Inclusion. Companies actually pay for computer programs and management services to become "diverse" and "inclusive". To make it even more confusing it also includes GLBQT and "Gender Equality" that exclude straight males. These illogical services are bought and sold as services for the admins that are hiring and firing people, i.e. "Human Resources". HR is definately not in the business of helping any humans, nor are they very resourceful. These services all hide under misleadingly productive titles that are charged with word combinations that polarize people and pit them all against eachother. Companies spend money on these racism services and they buy it up like it is a new necessity for conducting "Ethical Business".

For people who were brought up to hate certain sets of people, or to hate on nationalities, or to hate on skin color, or to hate one gender - they absolutely love these services. It is like little kids in a candy store.

Last edited by Jay443; Today at 08:44 AM..

Old Today, 09:53 AM

3,856 posts, read 3,945,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
My point is that you do NOT know whether I am legally here or not so you have NO RIGHT to slander me by calling me an illegal alien or calling ICE. You do that and you deserve to pay a fine! As much as I would deserve to pay if I called you a sex offender..
I don't KNOW if you're an idiot, but I reserve the right to call you one anyway.

Old Today, 09:59 AM

536 posts, read 424,101 times
NYC & LA should just become their own country, they are so far left that they might as well be. Seems the far left wants to control everything we say, eat or publish.

Old Today, 10:16 AM

98 posts, read 78,050 times
Quote:
Is this a serious question? An obvious answer to this is that the country they are fleeing from is worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City