U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM

21,724 posts, read 14,401,806 times

Advertisements

You can't make this stuff up!

"It’s now against the law in New York City to threaten someone with a call to immigration authorities or refer to them as an “illegal alien” when motivated by hate."

"The restrictions — violations of which are punishable by fines of up to $250,000 per offense — are outlined in a 29-page directive released by City Hall’s Commission on Human Rights."

https://nypost.com/2019/09/26/city-b...n-out-of-hate/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM

57 posts, read 11,851 times
Default Enforce thought crimes now!

This law does not go far enough. Speech crimes are of course a critical method to ensure compliance to sacred dogma but the way to stop speech crimes is to robustly enforce THOUGHT CRIMES! If any one is even caught thinking these ILLEGAL THOUGHTS they should suffer the consequences, lost job, disabled social media etc. We should not in this day and age have closed minds and tolerate such deviations from the truth. ENFORCE THOUGHT CRIMES NOW!

Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM

2,804 posts, read 2,382,569 times
Has anyone ever read the book, “Fahrenheit 451?” We’re getting there - soon, people won’t even get to say the truth or think differently for fear someone may get offended.

Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM

11,246 posts, read 9,601,331 times
This would so go down in flames in court. Besides the obvious First Amendment issues, they're going to have a hard time showing how the city/state has the authority to make it a crime to call the federal government to report a violation of federal law.

Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM

298 posts, read 75,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
— are outlined in a 29-page directive released by City Hall’s Commission on Human Rights."
City Hall's definition of human -- "Human: anyone who is not a white heterosexual male."

Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM

7,098 posts, read 8,316,961 times
NYC is one giant snowflake city

Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM

13,085 posts, read 6,742,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
This would so go down in flames in court. Besides the obvious First Amendment issues, they're going to have a hard time showing how the city/state has the authority to make it a crime to call the federal government to report a violation of federal law.
Right. This is a clear violation of federal law and, so, is preempted by federal law and must fail. Why do leftists have such disdain for law-abiding U.S. citizens and love for those who have no right to be in our country?

Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM

8,565 posts, read 11,349,372 times
I guess "undocumented" is too tough a word for some people to spell.

Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM

7,596 posts, read 6,068,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
You can't make this stuff up!

"It’s now against the law in New York City to threaten someone with a call to immigration authorities or refer to them as an “illegal alien” when motivated by hate."

"The restrictions — violations of which are punishable by fines of up to $250,000 per offense — are outlined in a 29-page directive released by City Hall’s Commission on Human Rights."

https://nypost.com/2019/09/26/city-b...n-out-of-hate/

I am a Caribbean person who has been a US citizen for almost 30 years. Clearly I have an accent that marks me as an immigrant.

Does that give you authority to call me an illegal alien and then threaten ICE because you become angry with me?

While the city might be a bit harsh in its penalties people do NOT have the right to act as judge and jury. One's legal status is the purview of the person involved and ICE/CBP and NO ONE ELSE!

Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM

7,596 posts, read 6,068,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
NYC is one giant snowflake city

So I can then accuse someone of being a sex offender to minors, call the cops when I have no proof? Just because that person and I have an argument.

Well calling someone an illegal alien is the same as its not your business and usually you don't know the facts anymore than whether I know whether your engage in perversion.

Defaming someone's reputation carries consequences, even if some evil racist busy bodies don't understand this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City