U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 07:42 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,083,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
Thank you for your street lawyer expertise. It appears the savage ran from the cops which gave them reasonable suspicion to pursue him. Rather then just stop and follow orders he grappled with officer and was hence was killed .

Maybe you should stay in your bubble and let real men handle societyís problems
Yeah Iím sure youíre a real man. Apparently real me donít think cops repeatedly shooting other cops to death is an issue that needs to be addressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 09:15 AM

3,807 posts, read 1,458,506 times
Well let's all be grateful that the tragedy was not furthered by a innocent also getting shot.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:24 PM

9,788 posts, read 9,506,623 times
Has there been any change in the tenor of the mourning and accusations, now that it's said that he was killed by another cop?

Old 10-01-2019, 06:53 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,186,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
he was killed by another cop?
He was killed by the actions of a criminal. The cops who fired their weapons did so in reaction to the actions of the perp.

If you've never been put in the stressful situation of pulling out your gun and making a split second life or death situation many many many times in your career, then you have no Right to second guess someone who has.

Movies and TV shows are as close as most of you have ever gotten to any type of situation like this which is 0% realistic.

Let's quietly thank the deceased officer for this help with keeping the city safe and let those who have been in these types of situations re-assess what happened and hopefully come up with a fix for future situations like this.

Last edited by Werdywerd; 10-01-2019 at 07:52 PM..

Old 10-01-2019, 08:06 PM

4,467 posts, read 1,180,603 times
Opinion:

Rest In Peace Officer Mulkeen.
Another repeat offender wiped off the face of the earth but at the sacrifice of an angel in Blue..................

Old 10-01-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
He was killed by the actions of a criminal. The cops who fired their weapons did so in reaction to the actions of the perp.

If you've never been put in the stressful situation of pulling out your gun and making a split second life or death situation many many many times in your career, then you have no Right to second guess someone who has.

Movies and TV shows are as close as most of you have ever gotten to any type of situation like this which is 0% realistic.

Let's quietly thank the deceased officer for this help with keeping the city safe and let those who have been in these types of situations re-assess what happened and hopefully come up with a fix for future situations like this.
One factor that may have been at work, is the belief they are patrolling an area of savages. When you have that mindset, that some posters here have expressed you might be more inclined to fire and shoot a savage. Thus, in this case. It might have contributed to the friendly fire. Can't quantify it, could be wrong. I 100 percent see I could be wrong. But hopefully perception of the areas you patrol can be factored in to as you say, fix situations like this in the future.

Old Yesterday, 06:01 AM

9,081 posts, read 7,330,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Has there been any change in the tenor of the mourning and accusations, now that it's said that he was killed by another cop?
Only someone with no concept of armed combat would ask such a question.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old Yesterday, 06:03 AM

9,081 posts, read 7,330,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
One factor that may have been at work, is the belief they are patrolling an area of savages. When you have that mindset, that some posters here have expressed you might be more inclined to fire and shoot a savage. Thus, in this case. It might have contributed to the friendly fire. Can't quantify it, could be wrong. I 100 percent see I could be wrong. But hopefully perception of the areas you patrol can be factored in to as you say, fix situations like this in the future.
Donít worry, I was smart enough to jump on a transfer the second I was able to. I donít go to areas like that for work, fun, or even to drive through on the way to somewhere else.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old Yesterday, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Don’t worry, I was smart enough to jump on a transfer the second I was able to. I don’t go to areas like that for work, fun, or even to drive through on the way to somewhere else.
The people in that area are largely hard working. Private homes surround the projects largely. I have a coworker who resides there and can tell you she is a good person. I work one mile from there and never have had an incident. Stop condemning people. You know, the Universe has a way of teaching lessons. Perhaps one day your son or daughter will bring home one of thses guys as a partner. Life teaches lessons and your building up the negative karma.

Old Yesterday, 06:34 AM

5,918 posts, read 3,111,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
The people in that area are largely hard working. Private homes surround the projects largely. I have a coworker who resides there and can tell you she is a good person. I work one mile from there and never have had an incident. Stop condemning people. You know, the Universe has a way of teaching lessons. Perhaps one day your son or daughter will bring home one of thses guys as a partner. Life teaches lessons and your building up the negative karma.
I don't think anyone thinks otherwise. You are the only one here that called it an "area of savages."

With that said, some neighborhoods are more dangerous and crime ridden than others so people (including cops) being more wary and cautious is only natural and perfectly understandable.

You seem to have a problem with people that are fed up with the bad guys. You somehow want everyone to treat bad guys with respect and kindness. That's ridiculous. Seems like you are the one with a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City