U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:43 AM

3,807 posts, read 1,458,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I don't think anyone thinks otherwise. You are the only one here that called it an "area of savages."

With that said, some neighborhoods are more dangerous and crime ridden than others so people (including cops) being more wary and cautious is only natural and perfectly understandable.

You seem to have a problem with people that are fed up with the bad guys. You somehow want everyone to treat bad guys with respect and kindness. That's ridiculous. Seems like you are the one with a problem.
Not at all. I have not said a negative word about the police in this discusion. I respect officers. I understand there are bad persons. I applaud police and support every pay raise they get. In fact, my daughter is considering being a police officer and I support it. So I wonder what In have said that makes you think I am fed up with people who are fed up with bad guys. I am concerned when people matter of factly dismiss entire communities and I am alarmed with use of the term savage, that was my point. The term Savage,can spill over to the good people who happen to live in these communities. Have we not seen with our eyes over the years some officers who approach the communities they patrol as if there surrounded by people who wish to do them harm. Just a few years ago we had a officer in the projects who shot an innocent man he saw in the hall way. I think it's fair, to consider that as well. Savage becomes they are all savages, conciously or unconciously. That scares me and I raise rhat fear. One day an officer is going to kill an undercover and that would be tragic and or a small child. Is that fair to point out. If we want to prevent a future tragedy many factors have to be evaluated. No need to question the motives or to challenge a friend looking to help. Plus, it's not healthy emotionally or spiritually or physically to carry on with this bitterness. You can dislike bad guys with demonizing large groups of people.

Last edited by bxlover; Yesterday at 07:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM

5,918 posts, read 3,111,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Not at all. I have not said a negative word about the police in this discusion. I respect officers. I understand there are bad persons. I applaud police and support every pay raise they get. In fact, my daughter is considering being a police officer and I support it. So I wonder what In have said that makes you think I am fed up with people who are fed up with bad guys. I am concerned when people matter of factly dismiss entire communities and I am alarmed with use of the term savage, that was my point. The term Savage,can spill over to the good people who happen to live in these communities. Have we not seen with our eyes over the years some officers who approach the communities they patrol as if there surrounded by people who wish to do them harm. Just a few years ago we had a officer in the projects who shot an innocent man he saw in the hall way. I think it's fair, to consider that as well. One day an officer is going to kill an undercover and that would be tragic and or a small child. Is that fair to point out. If we want to prevent a future tragedy many factors have to be evaluated. No need to question the motives or to challenge a friend looking to help. Plus, it's not healthy emotionally or spiritually or physically to carry on with this bitterness. You can dislike bad guys with demonizing large groups of people.
You project your own bias and incorrect assumptions onto police officers when you made this statement:

Quote:
One factor that may have been at work, is the belief they are patrolling an area of savages. When you have that mindset, that some posters here have expressed you might be more inclined to fire and shoot a savage. Thus, in this case. It might have contributed to the friendly fire. Can't quantify it, could be wrong. I 100 percent see I could be wrong. But hopefully perception of the areas you patrol can be factored in to as you say, fix situations like this in the future.
You assumed they were trigger happy and nervous when in fact you have no way of knowing if that was the case at all.

You then went on to explain what everyone knew but assumed everyone didn't, which was that not everyone in bad neighborhoods are bad.

I read the whole thread. Please point out to me where anyone referred to the whole area as savages. You were the only one that said it. Everyone else that used the term "savage" appropriately referred only to the criminal.

Old Yesterday, 07:15 AM

9,081 posts, read 7,330,322 times
Quote:
The people in that area are largely hard working. Private homes surround the projects largely. I have a coworker who resides there and can tell you she is a good person. I work one mile from there and never have had an incident. Stop condemning people. You know, the Universe has a way of teaching lessons. Perhaps one day your son or daughter will bring home one of thses guys as a partner. Life teaches lessons and your building up the negative karma.
If my daughters bring home a good man, I donít care what they look like, if thatís what you are implying.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM

Exactly. The “law abiding tax payers” I referred to are obviously the people who live in these neighborhoods who are forced to live around scum because of democrat policies. I truly feel bad for those people, but can no longer bring myself to risk my life for them. It’s not worth it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old Yesterday, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You project your own bias and incorrect assumptions onto police officers when you made this statement:

You assumed they were trigger happy and nervous when in fact you have no way of knowing if that was the case at all.

You then went on to explain what everyone knew but assumed everyone didn't, which was that not everyone in bad neighborhoods are bad.

I read the whole thread. Please point out to me where anyone referred to the whole area as savages. You were the only one that said it. Everyone else that used the term "savage" appropriately referred only to the criminal.
I politely disagree with your interpretation of what I said. I even said I could be 100 percent be wrong if you noticed. And yes, I may be projecting my biases but that is why I deliberately and carefully made my points. I think the nature of this forum is to find reasons to argue and dialogue gets lost. So I will leave it at that. I invite you to reread what I wrote in the spirit that I wrote it. See, that I did not write it in a spirit of attacking anyone. But mentioning something thatalarms me which I have tried my best to elaborate on, kindly and soberly. I refer you to earlier posts by others that mention the word savage and speaks badly about the neighborhood for background for my concern. Good day.

Old Yesterday, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Exactly. The ďlaw abiding tax payersĒ I referred to are obviously the people who live in these neighborhoods who are forced to live around scum because of democrat policies. I truly feel bad for those people, but can no longer bring myself to risk my life for them. Itís not worth it.
When your refer to Crap neighborhoods that you would not drive thru your are not at all taking into account the good people who are the majority. Those good people respect officers and teach their kids to respect them and in these discussions that spirit gets lost. Politely and respectfully I disagree with your characterization.

Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
If my daughters bring home a good man, I don’t care what they look like, if that’s what you are implying.
Life teaches lessons I think you will agree. Whether you believe in God or Karma or whatever. I am not referring to race or appearance but of the character of who they bring home. Something that will shatter the biases you have at heart will ultimately challenge you to your core. It does to each one of us. The gentler and kinder you allow yourself to be the gentler the learning experience. Love you bro. Be safe at work. May all officers get home safe, today and every day.

Last edited by bxlover; Yesterday at 07:51 AM..

Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM

Antinimby I hope we are cool. Have a great day.

Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM

Quote:
When your refer to Crap neighborhoods that you would not drive thru your are not at all taking into account the good people who are the majority. Those good people respect officers and teach their kids to respect them and in these discussions that spirit gets lost. Politely and respectfully I disagree with your characterization.
Youíre refusing to separate how I view the risk of these areas from how you think I view all of the people there. For example, consider a rowdy club. If I tell you I wonít go there because that place is always trouble, Iím not saying this because I believe EVERYONE there is a dangerous threat. There is a difference.

I was taught to assess threats and act accordingly.

Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Life teaches lessons I think you will agree. Whether you believe in God or Karma or whatever. I am not referring to race or appearance but of the character of who they bring home. Something that will shatter the biases you have at heart will ultimately challenge you to your core. It does to each one of us. The gentler and kinder you allow yourself to be the gentler the learning experience. Love you bro. Be safe at work. May all officers get home safe, today and every day.
Thank you. Iíll add not just cops, everyone.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City